Life

| I opened my eyes. For the first time in many years, I was able to see. | | I blinked. Yet, I was still unable to move. I was entombed in a large | | chunk of ice, a frozen statue hidden away from the world by a think | | blanket of dead vegetation. I was alive. Thinking. Cold. I felt cold | | and unhealthy. I tried to break free from my icy prison. It took a | | couple of attempts, but somehow, I shattered it with my unforseen | | strength, or force rather. I was cold. I could not feel the warmth of | | the golden rays of the sun. I could not feel anything. I could not | | remember anything. But I do know one thing: It is not possible for me | | to be alive. Who am I? What am I? I began to walk. Where? I do not | | know. I just hoped to find warmth. I hoped to find someone to talk to. | | Someone. So, I decided to go to a city. | | | | When I reached a large city, Westbridge, I was amazed by its splendor: | | The humourous mimes performing, city guard patrolling, merchants | | enticing, and warriors bragging. I stopped in a Healing Wound Inn. | | I examined the room. Many adventurers were there healing and drinking. | | I soon noticed many eyes on me. I simply smiled. One of them came up | | to me and offered to buy me a drink. I declined his friendly gesture. | | He then offered to rent me a room, so I may have a nice rest. Even | | though I was not physically tired, I was mentally tired. I needed a | | solitary place to recollect my thoughts. I said, "Yes. I like a room, | | I am very tired." He grinned and rubbed his hands. He went to the inn- | | keeper and rented room 4 for me, or us, rather. We headed towards the | | room. He unlocked the door and opened it. I entered the room and laid | | on the bed. He also entered the room. I quickly sat up, and asked him | | to leave and for my privacy. Chuckling to himself, the adventurer came | | closer and closer. I sternly said again, "Please leave this room!" | | However, he continue to come towards me, with an awkward grin on his | | face. He said, "Now, don't you wanna play?" Then, he wrapped his arms | | around me. His skin was warm, so I did not mind. He then continued, | | "You are very cold. Do you want me to warm you up?" He took off his | | armor and various equipment, and tried to kiss me, I instictively bit | | his neck. Blood! Warm, precious blood! I kept drinking the life out of | | the unfortunate adventurer. He screamed, and screamed, but I did not | | stop feeding. I finally found the warmth I was looking for -- warmth | | from blood. For once, I was no longer cold. I felt powerful. I felt | | good. | | | | I looked in the mirror. I did not look like I have aged. My face, hair | | and physical features were that of splendid beauty. My fangs slowly | | receded. My torn clothing was blood-soaked. I stared at the mirror in | | disbelief, for I am a lich. I shall live forever draining the life of | | the living to fuel my perfect immortality. |