Revelation

The light breeze seemed to grow colder as Emalia came closer to the overlook. She glanced over her shoulder several times, marking her progress by exactly how far away Westbridge was, and just how well she could see it. When the trees of the wood finally obscured her view, she knew she was close, and using the game trail, came at last upon the Overlook, and the figure sitting upon it.

Emalia truly had nothing to say, and readied herself for the worst. After what had passed the last time in this place, she was ready for her dismissal from Hellstrom's life. She began to speak, but was interrupted by Hellstrom's curious request to take the discussion elsewhere.

In the woods of Darrowmere, Emalia at once began to speak. "I care for you so much, Hellstrom, and I don't understand... why... you can't believe in me... or at the very least... respect my thoughts and feelings."

Hellstrom spoke plainly, "I’ve said all I intend to about the Jenovese. I've made my feelings about them known to you and that’s all I intend to do. I just pray that someday you see Grobnak for what he is."

'And there it is,' Emalia thought. 'This is the end of my possibilities with this man.' "However, I'm not willing to let it destroy what you and I have. I have a proposal for you, if you will hear it."

Emalia agreed in absolute dumbfoundedness to hear his words. Hellstrom spoke, and Emalia's heart sank. "Speak not to me of the Jenovese or their Faith, and I will hold my tongue as well on my point of view."

'This is love?' Emalia's mind reeled. 'Silence between two people that should share everything with one another?' "I'll say one more thing on the matter." Hellstrom looked down into Emalia's eyes. "When the day comes and the swords are gathered, I will be standing there as the RoK is destroyed. As I feel is my duty to those I love." "And what if I am right?" "Oops."

The anger Emalia felt was barely contained. To her, what had just been said, was that her thoughts were wrong absolutely, and someday, with the one she was supposed to love glaring at her in triumphant truth, she would see. The argued, but as Emalia continued to speak, she realized that no matter what she said... it wasn't about her.

Emalia hung her head, closed her eyes, and agreed to Hellstrom's terms. 'At the very least, I can keep him near me.' When Hellstrom smiled and asked her for a walk, she felt kept. She wanted not to be with him, and excusing herself, she left Hellstrom in the woods with a spell of transportation.