Avoidance

Sanria closed the door behind her, having left Thasmudyan resting in her bed. He had saved her from the wound inflicted on her by the Minotaurs and for that she was grateful, but just like long ago, now she could feel his emotions just as he could feel hers. She entered into the elevator and slowly descended to the helm. This could prove to be nearly intolerable. She still did have feelings for him, and now, she could feel that the same was true of him - though oddly muted.

This, she thought, would not do. She sat for a long while in the captain's chair, mulling over her thoughts before calling to Skive.

"Skive," Sanria said, staring at the very sleepy gnome, "I am going to do something incredibly stupid and I know this."
"Captain, if you're planning on going anywhere-"
"I have to Skive. I'm not going to be able to be around our guest for... certain reasons."
Skive gave a low sigh, forcing Sanria to come clean. "Alright, alright. I can feel what he feels and he can feel what I feel. Honestly, it's so juvenile and just ridiculous, but I want no more confusion, see?"
"Captain," Skive said, suddenly yawning, "You need to have someone with you. These mountains are dangerous."
"Don't I know it," Sanria muttered. "I have spells in my arsenal. Besides, the tower is south of here, it has to be the place, we passed right over it."
"And what then will you do once you arrive?"
Sanria stared at Skive, her mouth twisted in a thoughtful, worried glance. "Well.. I.."
"Don't you see, Captain, this is a foolish move? You're just going to get yourself in trouble."
"I might be able to sneak in undetected and, find out where he is, and then perhaps come back and let the others know what I've found."

Skive groaned and put his small head into his hand, shaking it. "Captain, I've served under a lot of pilots, but you have got to be the... you take the cake, Madame."
"I think if I just go and find Throm on my own, as I had planned... well, almost as I had planned, as I had planned in the event that Remus didn't come with me-"

Skive interrupted with a sigh and a roll of his eyes.

"Well, I was going to do this alone anyway. So... that's what I'm going to do. They'll be fine and I'll leave the ship in your charge. Take them where they wish to go. That's an order. And... if they ask where I went... ah... tell them... tell them I'll be back."
"Captain..."

Sanria stood up, grabbing the heavy cloak that Thasmudyan had lent to her from the hook by the hatch. She swung it around her shoulders and held a finger up to her lips. "Skive, I'll be fine."

With her destination clearly in mind, Sanria began to chant several words. Her spells interwove with one another, and she became invisible even as her body began to evaporate into thin air. She hoped that Thasmudyan wouldn't feel anything - not her feelings, not her magic. Then she suddenly hoped she wouldn't drop herself into a snowdrift.

Finally, the bite of the arctic wind upon her, Sanria opened her eyes to see a tower of massive size before her. Behind her, mere inches, was a towering wall. 'Well,' she thought, 'At least I didn't end up *in* the wall.'