A Late Night Stroll (Part 2)

The man smirked and said "You'll never know my name. But that doesn't matter because you won't live to see this night through anyway." "An empty threat" smirked Serenity. "You won't be able to fight your way through the four of us. Now," Serenity glared at him "Why did you kill that woman in the alleyway? If you don't answer, you'll only suffer and will be begging us for a swift death." Psycho stepped toward the man, and there was a flicker of fear that ran through the man's eyes as he looked at the black flames that surrounded Psycho, and said "You will tell us what we want to know. Or you will suffer. Slowly. Painfully."

The man cowered in fear and shouted "Fine! I'll tell you this! That lady was just a job! I was hired to eliminate her, but for what reason, I don't know!" "Who hired you?" said Serenity, tightening the roots that bound him and then releasing them ever so slightly. The man gasped for air and said "Rikorf! His name is all I know of him." His voice rose in panic "If I knew more, I'd tell you lady, but I don't. It was done secretly. All I can tell you, is that this man who hired me was obviously powerful and rich. He pulled some strings. He brought me out of retirement. I quit doing this a few years ago. I tried to play it straight. But the platinum he offered was too much to resist! Now please, can I go?"

Crovax, Psycho, Draven and Serenity all exchanged looks with one another. Crovax said "We never said anything about letting you go. Didn't you hear Psycho the first time? There are consequences to your actions."

The following morning, the sun shone brightly upon Westbridge. Though it was quite early, there was a crowd at Market Square. Tied to the bench, his mouth gagged and a note pinned to the front of his hat was a man with a scar underneath his jawline with four Vectorian Cityguard's glaring down at him. The man seemed severely battered, his clothes torn and dotted with splotches of blood.