Arrival of a Man

Hector stood up as the last of Colin's limp form rolled off his back. "You didn't say he was this big." Arlenia didn't even hear the man say anything. She was already at Colin's side, brushing his curls away from his face. At last, she stood up with a bright smile.

"I thank you so much, both of you."

Brant rolled his eyes with a smirk. "Cake. This was super simple."

"Well I'm glad. I'll give you what money I can when I can. For now, just know I appreciate it."

"Well," said Hector, "I'm just happy to make a family whole again."

To that, Brant again rolled his eyes and snickered. "Man, shut up." The two men laughed heartily and left.

Arlenia walked over to the table which now contained two vials. One would allow her to wake Colin up a bit, the other, knock him out. She dipped a fine needle into the first and gently jabbed the big man in the arm. "Wh... where..."

"Shhh," Arlenia said with a smile. "Everything is alright."

"Where's... Sanria..."

The name made Arlenia scowl. Always Sanria. Always. "You left her."

"N... No..."

"Yes. You're with me now, Arlenia. Tomorrow we'll be getting married. Our family will finally be together."

"Already... married..."

"No. It's til death do you part... and she died. It's you and me now. You and me and our little one who has yet to be born."

"It... is?"

"It is. I love you, Colin."

"I... love you... too... Sanria."