Whoa... What?

Leandra walked beside her mother, her arms folded, petulant and irritated. She scuffed her feet, hoping to goad some sort of response out of her mother, but Sanria kept quiet. "So they'll make me not feel sick?"

"That is the plan, Leandra. Then, it's back to your room."

"I think it's stupid that you guys came after me like that."

"Well, Leandra, you may not believe it, but your father and I do love you - even if we are having our own difficulties."

"You guys always have difficulties. You need to get over it and get rid of Thasmudyan and get back with dad."

"That is none of your concern."

They arrived at the druid's grove without any other words passed between them. The whole thing was just stupid... there really wasn't any other word for it. Leandra waited, impatiently, as the Elder Druid came over, feeling her forehead, feeling her neck, and then sending small pulses of magic into her body. The only other time they'd done this was when she was young to test her magical abilities.

The druid paused and raised an eyebrow. "So? Am I sick or what?" Sanria gave Leandra a scathing look, sending her into silence. She was such an ass. The druid took in a breath and looked at Leandra, then Sanria, and back.

"Well... you are having sickness."

"Well whooptie-doo. I could have told you that."

"I'm sorry," Sanria interjected, "my daughter is in trouble and feels it is her duty to take it out on everyone."

"Pfft."

"Well, you, ah... how should I say this... you're... with child."

Leandra felt the blood rush to her head, thudding with the pulse of her heart. "What?!" both she and her mother shouted at once.

"Well, that's the cause of this sickness..."

Leandra wanted to shrink into nothing, to disappear, to vanish into thin air, to be anywhere but looking into her mother's shocked and disappointed gaze. "What... did you... do..."

"Mama... I..." her voice sounded like a little girl.

"Oh Gods... your father is going to lose his mind."