I Just Want to Make Things Right (2/3)

Mirin felt her father's uneasiness at the sight of her.  She gave an inward chuckle, Gilean never was good at hiding his emotions. He insisted on refreshing her, and though she didn't feel any need for it, she allowed her father to lay on hands to heal up every bit of ache and wear on her soul.  She was grateful - the statement she'd come to make was certain to wear her down.  "Tell me, what is  it Mirin."
'Dad... it's about Sanria and you... and Colin,' she telepathed.
"Me, Sanria, and Colin?"
'I know you and Sanria got married and you're together but... I  don't... I don't think it's the way it's supposed to be.'
"You don't think it's the way it's supposed to be?"
'She's supposed to be with Colin, Dad.'  And pain came onto her father's face. 

She couldn't meet his eyes, knowing that she was crossing a line that wasn't hers to cross, but she conjured up the image of Mr. Stone pacing and lost.  "How do you determine this?" Gilean interrupted.
'You're good at being alone, Dad... and... you haven't been much of  a Dad.  Colin... he isn't good at being alone.  Even though he's got  me and Orn and the babies...'
"Look, Mirin... I know I've had some tough times.  I'm so sorry for  that.  I'm doing everything I can to be a better father... and grandfather. How... how do you figure I'm better at being alone then him?"
'You've done it and... you have a place to go and something to do with your time.  You go lose yourself in healing people.  You have a way to be alone and not be alone... Colin... doesn't.'

Gilean stared at his lap and Mirin felt more guilty than ever before. She did love her father, she did care.  But the idea that he was behind the tear down of the Stones was too much.  She'd grown up knowing Orn's mother and father.  They were together, always. 
'This was supposed to be how they got back together, Dad... He went away to get fixed and now he's fixed...'
"I'm sorry if I've been a bad father to you Mirin... so sorry.  I don't mean to have hurt you.  But if you think I should be punished because of that..."
'Punished?  No... no it's not a punishment, Dad.  It's making things right.'
"Making things right?  Mirin, things finally are right for me.  Velentham's gone, Sanria's back, Matinus and Nioma have a whole family, and Sanria and I are going to have a baby."
'... then... fix it Dad... let her go where she belongs.  Colin's a great dad... he would be great taking care of the kids.  Even Matinus.'
"Mirin, it's not Sanria and Colin anymore.  Sanria is my wife.  She had chosen to be with me.  I'm sorry if Colin  is missing something, but what you're suggesting... I would be missing everything.  Even my own son."