Shamefaced and Guilty

A diary entry left open upon a small white table:

Gods,  what have I done?  No... not  even Gods, for  they have long been dead and  gone.  I sent Colin  drunk and  raving to Sanria and of course what I anticipated happening did, in fact, happen. It was foolish of me, I realize that and now I have to deal with the emotions from her.

I have returned from  the cavern, to talk to  Colin who did not remember anything at all.  I contacted  Sanria, who promptly gave me an earful of vitriol  before finally agreeing to even see the two of us.  Then, ah, I must admit  to myself my cowardice... they  began talking in a most personal  fashion and I  left.  I left amidst Sanria's protests not to... I could do  nothing to help it... cowardice  and a pang of  jealousy.  Not over Colin, but over the devotion. The man is nearly singleminded in his desire for her.  It brought back old thoughts best left buried.

I do not need to be present to know what happened. I felt it with intensity. I  cannot presume  to know what will  happen from here, but I have done damage to many more than just myself by this endeavor.