Falling From Heaven

"Goddess, Class 1, Category 2, Unlimited. You have been accused of  harboring sorrow within your heart" The voice from above echo'd within my mind and bore down on my body.

"I fell in love with a mortal." I bowed my head unable to defend my actions. Had it been so wrong? What possible harm could it cause them, it was my heart that ached for what I could no longer be a part of and for all that would never come to pass.  Rules like this weren't meant to be absolute and Sorrow like this only deepened the Love I once had.

"You are unfit to dwell in heaven.  From this day forth you shall serve as the fallen do.  You must never again try to return. Being that you are very high ranking in our order I expect to see great things from you.  Live as one of them.  Love as one of them. Feel Sorrow like one of them. Hold no grudge against us and let compassion be your guide. We have spoken. Be Gone!" Thundering in my ears the words echoed and world around me shook and  became no more than an illusion, a dream I had once had and the cool breeze from falling from such dizzying heights rushed around my body. 

In a few quick moments my life had changed so dramatically. Losing him was all I could stand to bear and it meant that I would lose everything else I had ever known.  How would I ever find my way? This existence could be so cold and yet that isn't how I feel.  I'm not scared of what's to come, I welcome it with open arms.  A simple word of magic and my fall stopped.  I looked down at the city below and smiled.  Perhaps, I'll find a way to patch up my broken heart and help others do the same in this city. Hope fooled me yet again but I flew down toward the city by the sea.

"Sadness is in every living person, but when you're living happiness is always waiting for you!"