A vow

My feet dragged as I wandered into the Square, holding my head up despite the weight I felt on my shoulders. Nothing was getting better; in fact, sometimes I thought it was getting worse. I couldn't shake the feeling that we had come back too soon, and couldn't escape the fact that I was finally seeing my home through mature eyes - it wasn't as perfect, as happy as I'd remembered. At least we would be going soon. Not long now, and we would be on our way back to Tenchi's home. A while away would give me the chance to get rid of the stigma everyone placed on me. Moving to the bench, I felt a frown begin to tug down the edges of my mouth, and I spun around to dramatically plop onto my usual seat. I slid my back off my shoulders and set it down beside me, sighing. Lifting my head, I noticed the message board and the message posted on it. Standing, I moved over curiously, picking up my bag and letting it drag behind me. "Knights of the Rose," I murmured, a stray memory returning to me at the name. Slowly reading the message, a strange stirring building in me. Maybe, this is what I was looking for. A place to belong, something to fight for - if only I wasn't leaving soon. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I nodded at the board and turned away. I would join them. It may not be soon, but I would, and until then I would train myself. It wasn't the direction I had ever envisioned myself with, but it was a goal, and that was more than I'd felt I'd had for some time.