Knights of the Rose

As most days are spent now-a-days, I stood at the Market Square in Westbridge. I watched the goings on and the comings and goings of people. I casted spells where asked. This is much easier then things I used to have to do in the past. My eyes have seen more then any soul should ever have to see. I laugh as I think of things like the Hemelia plague that came to the realms just a while ago. People feared it but none really died from it. They say it was an awful thing and the realms couldn't stand it again. This makes me laugh. The Great Plague, some time around the year 600. It killed off almost twenty thousand people within the 3 years it had free reign. A Council of Wizards was formed to find a cure to the plague. While working on it, members of the Council fell. While dismal, it had to effect. Until one day, the leader of the Council fell. It gave us a renewed fuel to fight for a cure. Within months we had a cure. It took us the course of a year to innoculate the world. I think now if Hemelia became such a great plague, what would we do? The Council of Wizards is no more, I am the only surviving member to my knowledge. There is no group that would take charge and try to save us. After setting on that for a while, I noticed Lord Sylus had appeared for an instant. I nodded at him and smiled. He posted a message to the already full post at the Square. I knelt at the post to read the writing and as if in answer to my thoughts, there really was a new-age Council of Wizards. Or at least something like it. The Knights of the Rose were being reformed. I remember the group from a year back or so, under guideance of Lady Hanali. I hadn't thought to join the group then. Now, however, I feel I had a purpose. Once more I could serve and do good. I nodded to myself and reminded myself to talk to the next Knight I saw.