Star Catching

A page from the journal of Throm uth Bannon...

1st Day of Hammer
The Year 1274

I can't help but smile as I write the latest entry into my journal as this morning I awoke within the Glade beside my house. Reminiscent of days when I was far younger (minus the influence of a strong drink) it has been ages since I last awoke in a strange place.

Returning from the Market Square Pub yesterday, I ran across a friend of which I have met many times within the course of the past month. Again it seems I was to meet Sanria Haverland in Festival Square as I was walking home. I wonder if Festival Square holds a special meaning for Sanria, or if perhaps it is just chance that I have run into her twice there. The first time I thought she meant to kill an ex-Guardian named Kaz. This last time the way she sat alone in the Square I wouldn't have been able to picture her even holding a sword, much less wielding it against someone. Once again we found ourselves caught in a tide of conversation. I find that words seem to come easier these days, whilst she is around. This leads me to reflect that for one who speaks little, do I now make an ass of myself. Again I'm forced a smile, as I couldn't care less whether I appear an ass or not in this sense. The conversations we hold peak my interest (apparently hers as well as we've had many now), and this is enough.

As just the other day, she allowed me a peek of her world by inviting me to her home, I wished to show the same this time. Often times as I meet others I have been told I am loathe to open up. Perhaps in revealing the place in which I live...each room containing a piece of my core being...I may have been able to compensate for this shortcoming. Though the sound of another voice within the Manor is rare indeed, I am happy to write that hers was a welcomed voice in every sense. She was kind enough to allow me to tour the greater part of the Manor with her, indulging me even by allowing me to keep bantering on as we went. Sanria seemed especially drawn to the Forest Glade just outside. I suppose for one who follows the path of nature, the indoors hold very little in the way of comfort.


(*The next paragraph has been scratched out in pen beyond legibility*)

At the end of the evening we parted ways within the Glade once more, as she returned to the city. I remained however, watching the stars above, until I finally could stay awake no longer. It was there I awakened this very morn. Covered in the dew of the morning, and still filled with the recent memories of the previous day, I left a Glade which now strangely felt more of a home than any building.