Uncle Sandorin

"I don't think we should go on this journey yet," Emalia blurted out. "I think we should visit my uncle and make sure you're going to be... ok."
"Emalia. I'm fine."
"Colin... this is serious. There is the potential for something to go wrong... and you don't know what might or might not set it off. You weren't supposed to actually be alive... no offense. We go to my uncle." Emalia got up and walked to her chocobo. She looked back, noticing that Colin was absolutely not moving.
"I just want to get past all that. i don't want to keep going back and revisiting it. I'm a different person now and I just want to let it be that way."

"Colin," Emalia said with a measure of hesitation. She knew what needed to be done to get him to come. She knew she would have to make certain that he was who he claimed and she knew what would get him to move. "if you come back with me to my uncle, I will marry you as soon as we leave his company. We'll find someone to do the ceremony for us and you will have me completely. But we have to know. We have to be absolutely certain."
"And what if he tells you not to be with me? That I'm too dangerous? He doesn't know me, not the person I am now."
"You have my word - regardless of what he says."

Emalia stretched her mind out to speak to Sandorin. Eventually she made contact with her uncle. A faint tendril of his thoughts struck a chord with hers, and after assuring him of everything being fine, the agreed to meet at her mother's estates. They walked into the small chapel and waited for Sandorin to appear. At the sound of his footsteps, Emalia rushed to him, wrapping him in an embrace. "I have to ask you something."
Sandorin looked over, seeing Colin. "Who's that?"
"Uncle Sandorin," Emalia said, taking his hands in hers to get his attention focused upon her. "That is my fiance and he needs your help."
"Fiance? Well... well congratulation child. I had no idea."
"I'm with child as well." Emalia continued with her tactic. The more her Uncle understood how much Colin was in her life, how much he meant to her, the less likely he would refuse. After all, the fiance and father-to-be to her child...
"A baby too! My goodness. Have I been gone that long?"

The two passed other general information and formalities, before Emalia looked up at Sandorin. "Please, whatever you do, trust in me. Please. Trust me."

Emalia wanted to cringe as the familiar grey eyes from her childhood looked at her with scrutiny. "Emalia... what is going on?"

"You must believe me when I say I love this man and I know he is a good man... a changed man. He's been nothing but good to me, and protective, and faithful... he is a guardian as well." Emalia's mouth began to go dry. "Colin... could you please come over here?"
"No. Emalia... you don't know who this man is."
"I do know... he has told me. And... he is alive now..."
"Alive. No. The spell would not hold. Emalia, this is not a man for you."

Emalia begged Sandorin for help, just to take a moment to look within Colin to be certain that Visha would, indeed, be kept inside. "Help him?" Sandorin nearly barked. "The only way I knew how to 'help him' was to trap him in this body where he couldn't hurt anyone. Now I see how well that worked."

"But don't you understand, he hasn't hurt anyone... at all. He's never been close to doing that... ever."

Colin stood by quetly watching from Emalia's side. He had said little, but Emalia could see from his face the pain and irritation the scrutiny was causing. Sandorin neared Colin, looking into the larger man's face.
"Just what are you up to. Could you have fooled all of them?"
"I'm not up to anything Sandorin. What Emalia tells you is the truth. This is me now. Listen to your niece. Please."

Emalia watched as her Uncle sat in one of the pews, his head in his hands. She felt badly for him, but knew as Colin had mentioned before - the only Colin he knew, was a very bad one - a spirit trapped in a body for eternity unable to harm anyone - and she had released him.