Whining and Pining

Emalia slept only long enough to restore the most minimal of her energy. The very first thing she saw upon waking, was Colin. He laid by her side, his arm around her, staring down upon her with what she assumed was a mix of pity and worry. She couldn't really speak, and anytime she did her voice was simply quiet and subdued. She couldn't really move either. The whole scene was oddly reminiscent of the first time she and Colin were ever together, though this thought was far from her mind.

"I wish I could make them all just leave you alone," Colin said as he rubbed her arm.
"Me too," Emalia entoned quietly. "I don't think they will, though."

They continued talking, Emalia taking the time to explain to Colin just what she had felt when she "healed" Grobnak. She took time also to assure him that Brin was fine. So irritated at being weak, Emalia tried to rise but found herself unable to. "Emalia, please, just rest for now. Is there something you want?" Colin asked.
"I suppose not. I just hate being so weakened. I wish my father were about. He could perhaps heal me and all would be better."
"Do you know where he is?"
"Chasing my mother," Emalia muttered.
"Oh?"
"You weren't aware?" Emalia turned to look upon Colin.
"No. Should I have been?"
"Well, I thought I told you about it, but perhaps I hadn't. He went north shortly after the Vectorian invasion to help my mother," Emalia sighed in frustration. "He wouldn't even stay for me. And I asked him to."
"I see. I'm sorry. I suppose we aren't the only ones with a journey to make."

Emalia realized at that point just how many people Colin had not been introduced to. So many people in her family didn't know she was with him, or pregnant by him, and the realization made her feel guilty in an odd way. Colin, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind at all. His only thought was wishing no one was around, and that they could simply be left alone. No sooner had he made his thoughts known than a knock sounded upon the door.