an Introduction to Ignis

Hello. My name is Ignis Montoya and I send you my greetings. I am a swordsman, and many titles I may bear, but none are as important as one of lineage, Son of Inigo Montoya. He was a great man, and a great swordsman. When his father was killed he had sworn revenge and trained 30 years before finally achieving vengeance. Fate, it seems, has a sense of irony. He was slain by a strange man. Bearing a tattoo with some numerals on it, he bore a long, narrow blade, over two meters in length. Their fight however was not a proper duel; the man in black had simply approached and drawn his blade, or so the witnesses have said. Now it is my turn to seek retribution. Travelling with a band outlaws called the Midnight Brigade, I have been honing my bladecraft, dueling against many foes. The Midnight Brigade taught me an ethos, one that promotes being both a demon and an angel, monster and hero. I am no longer bound by constraints nor morals of others. With the Midnight Brigade, I have also found a new art, the art of assassination. Some victims, those of minor importance, minor pawns in the scheme of all things are granted a swift, painless death. For those who have more to fault, I grant them slow, excruciating deaths. I have had much practice in this art. However, my blade, wrought by my grandfather Domingo Montoya, is far to keen for this art, so I have sourced many other tools. Poisons, enchanted weapons of the Black kind, and some drow trifles have entered my possession. Now, I have found a new home full of fellow practicioners in the Order of the Long Death. Perhaps I will be resigned to a 10 year hunt like my father before me, but as time progresses my art will only be deadlier.

Ignis Montoya
Duelist, Assassin, Sadist