New Thalos

Velentham walked from the shop, his arrogance at its full. He found joy in bringing a measure of misery to Gilean - it made up a fraction of the profound pain that filled him. "Do you think she'll like it?" he asked after joining Gilean. "The hat, I mean."

"Don't Velentham... just don't," Gilean replied, carefully counting the doors that ran along the side of the road between the houses.

"I've nothing to lose now."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"I can't go home, Gilean. In fact, you are taking me to my new home as well. I have to make a life for myself... and I will." Velentham took time to note the frustration on Gilean's face. "We'd better go. Before it changes."

With no further words, the men stepped through the door and onto a long pier that stretched out toward a vast sea. A grin crossed the Celestial's features. "So are we here?"

"Yes... we are," Gilean replied, clapping Velentham's shoulder.

"We should get cleaned up, first."

"First?"

"First impressions. Well... second."

"Yes, I suppose you can come to my home... although I didn't expect my reunion with Claire to have you there. I will find you a place to stay though. Don't worry."

"Then will you show me where Sanria is?"

"Velentham... you can't be serious."

The statement infuriated Velentham inwardly. "I'm lost. Why did you think I went through hell?" Gilean stared at him for a long moment.

"I will see Claire, then I will take you somewhere you can stay. We can discuss the rest after."

"I came to be with her, Gilean. My father didn't die because of me. He died to buy your silence and get you back home. So if you have something to say, by all means. Say it."

"Velentham... let this go. I know you can be better than this."

"Now who is the one who can't be serious?" Velentham turned and began to walk into the city of New Thalos. "I'll find her myself. I won't stop until I do. I'll plant her image in every mind in the realms. I'll have everyone looking for her, all with a touch."

The men argued mercilessly. Velentham did not know what would happen once he met with Sanria again, but he would not let Gilean stop him from discovering it. There was no way that after crossing through hell, losing his father, and being stuck with Gilean through it all that he was going to let the priest change his mind. Before he brought himself to raining blows upon Gilean, Velentham turned away. "We're done." Without another word, he stalked off into the city, drawing every eye to him in his wake.