Turning Tides Horrified

The fog that Sanria found her mind bathed in lifted as suddenly as the clearing of a summer rain. She sent Velentham away with a roar of her voice and to her relief, he went. She rushed down to see Colin and guilt flooded her. It was her past that had come back that had caused Colin to lose what memories he had. Her past that always seemed to cause trouble. She decided then and there to go out to find Gilean, to get Colin help.

She arrived at the cottage and stoped to look up at it for a moment. A long time prior this had been Emalia's house, and each time she walked her, it made her stop for a moment to think about her daughter. With a sigh she went to the door, but before she could knock, if flew open.

In an instant, Sanria's worst headache and nightmare stood there, looking shocked to see her. She felt sick, knowing there was nothing she could do to protect herself if Velentham decided to take her away. The breath caught in her throat and she took a step backward. "Please... don't go..."

It was a small relief to see Gilean step in front of Velentham, but not enough to keep Sanria from stumbling backward from the cottage. "Oh Sanria... Come, let's take a walk," Gilean said, and after ordering Velentham back into the cottage, he stood at Sanria's side.

"He told you what he did to Colin?"

"He told me... everything," Gilean replied, and he looked off with a sigh.

"Gods Sanria, I knew he was arrogant and foolish. I tried to keep him from bothering you... but I never expected those depths."

"Just tell me you can fix Colin..."

"I'll do anything and everything I can, I promise you that. I'm sure that Claire will be happy to lend any aid she can as well. Come, let me take you home. I don't think it's a good idea for you to be here right now."

The two arrived at the cavern and Sanria slowly walked toward the door. She spoke to Gilean with a heaviness in her heart, "If he can't be helped, I'm not going to subject him to my life again. He deserves much better."

"No, Sanria. Don't put yourself down."

"Gilean... I know my past. I know that it keeps seeming to come back for me. So... if I can let him have a life free from that, I will do it."

"I admit, I know little of your past other than more recent events," Gilean said, "But I'm guessing that Colin did?"

"Even he admitted that he sounded insecure... I don't want to make him that way ever again."

"That big man... insecure?"

Sanria turned to look at Gilean, her face deadly serious. "Deeply so. And with good reason."