Log: 07102012 - Ror and Sanria

OOC commentary: Second encounter with Sanria. It is a continuation of the previous one. This time she tells Ror quite a bit about the past, including the TriPower and Throm! The conversation also strayed upon Westbridge and its occupation. A discussion that not only had the important line "uplifting the spirit of the people of Westbridge" in it, but possibly also pushed Sanria further onto the path of ensuring Westbridge would be liberated.


Sanria sits on one of the larger stones across from the falls watching the water.

Ror appears from behind the waterfall after a while, fastening the last buckle on his pack

Sanria looks up with a smile.
Sanria says 'Did you get all you needed?'

You say ' Yes, thank you. I have gathered enough crystal specimens for research. '

Sanria says 'Wonderful.  You'll let me know if you find anything, won't you?'

You nod.

Sanria pushes up from the stone, dusting herself off, and approaches you.
Sanria says 'Here...'

You raise an eyebrow at the notion.

Sanria goes to the stone once more and lifts a satchel.  She brings it to you and hands it over.
Sanria says 'The moss you were looking for.'

You smile happily.
You say ' Wow, thanks! '

Sanria says 'I figured while you were in there, I'd take the liberty of collecting it for you.'
Sanria smiles and gives a nod.
Sanria says 'It's no trouble.  Quick work, really.'

Ror takes the satchel, and opens it, checking the content, "More than enough by the looks of it!"

Sanria smiles a bit more broadly.
Sanria says 'I'm glad, though if you need any more, you're welcome to return.'

Ror takes the list from the pocket of his uniform and checks it
Ror nods as he reads the last items on the list and says, "Yep, looks like I have everything now."

Sanria gives another nod and clasps her hands before her.  She takes a moment to look at your uniform again.
Sanria says 'Throm would have been very happy with you, I know it.'

You raise an eyebrow at the notion.
You say ' Eh?'

Sanria says 'Ah, my ramblings.  You're a studious mind and a researcher.'

Ror nods slowly

Sanria says 'He would have truly enjoyed meeting you and perhaps getting to know you as he was also.'

You say ' Aaaah'
Ror now gets it

Sanria smiles a bit more, though a melancholy has crept into her features.

You say ' Was he a famous researcher?'

Sanria says 'Famous...'
Sanria chuckles quietly and shakes her head.
Sanria says 'He has a congressman for TriPower and a leader of the army.'
Sanria smiles a little more.
Sanria says 'I don't know about famous, but well known.  Well known.'

You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.
You say ' I will ask around then, because I have not seen any statues of him yet.'

Sanria chuckles again and looks down a bit, nodding.
Sanria says 'I don't know that there will be any.'
Sanria says 'But he was a good man.  It seems you are as well.'
Sanria gives a nod.

Ror eyes Sanria, then says, "My apologies if my remarks have caused you sorrow. I meant well. All the great men and women of the TriPower have their statue. I know, I studied them. Just none of Throm."

Sanria looks back to you with a very small smile.
Sanria says 'There is no need for apologies.  I'm not truly certain all know of his death... he was known for disappearing as well.'
Sanria says 'In their minds, he may simply be off on another adventure.'

Ror seems hesitant, then asks, "May I be so bold and ask you how he died?"

Sanria looks at you for a long moment, as if sizing up her desire to tell someone she knows so newly.  She takes in a deep breath and turns back to the stone.  Sitting pensively.
Sanria says 'It is a lengthy tale, but I'll try to shorten it as much as possible...'
Sanria bites at her lip for a moment, as though determining where to begin.

You smile happily.
You say ' Take you time. Would you prefer sitting comfortably at the water side?'
Ror points at some of the moss bedding still there after Sanria's collecting effort

Sanria looks up at you, pulled from her thoughts.  She looks at the water and gives a nod with a little smile.
Sanria says 'Alright.'

You bow before her.
Ror offers his arm and says, "Mind if I lead?"

Sanria stands up with a smile and gives a small bow before taking your arm.
Sanria says 'I thank you.'

You say ' The world could do with more chivalry, I say'

Sanria chuckles a bit at this and smiles.

Ror guides Sanria over to the moss bedding and helps her settle down, before finding his own patch to sit on

Sanria says 'Perhaps so.'
Sanria tucks her legs beneath her, leaning on one of her hands in the cool moss.  She nods.

Ror crosses his legs, and nods

Sanria says 'Long ago, I had a daughter who found herself in a bad situation with disreputable people.  She was expecting a child, but vanished to the point that none of us could find her... anywhere.'
Sanria says 'No magic could reach her... it was truly as if she had never existed.'
Sanria looks to the water.
Sanria says 'At the time, Throm and I were together and he offered... insisted... on looking for her.'

Ror just listens, not interrupting, just nodding from time to time where needed

Sanria says 'Somehow... he hit upon the fact she was locked in a place called the dreaming.  I still have little knowledge on its full workings, just that it was something like a demiplane.  Throm... was able to enter it.'
Sanria says 'While there, he ended up getting infected with black mako... basically, the antithesis of lifestream.'
Sanria says 'He returned but had that stuff in him for years, always trying to find out how to get rid of it, but never able to manage.'
Sanria furrows her brow a bit.
Sanria says 'The last time I saw him... it was gone.  But he died.  I can only presume that he found a way to get it out... but at the cost of his life.'
Sanria swallows for a moment, holding the furrowing of her brow to fight away any semblance of tears.
Sanria takes in a deep breath and looks over at you.

Ror nods, and says, "It's better to cry and heal, than fight against it and drown yourself. Please, do not feel yourself obstructed by my presence."
Ror smiles warmly

Sanria manages a bit of a smile and shakes her head.
Sanria says 'It will do no good to make a scene.  He is gone, my life has... moved on.'

You nod.
You say ' As you wish'

Sanria gives a nod to that as well.
Sanria says 'So... tell me about yourself.  Where do you hail from?'

You say ' Ah, Westbridge'

Sanria says 'You were born there?'
Sanria looks you over, tilting her head.

You shrug.
You say ' I grew up there.'

Sanria says 'Ah.  I see.'
Sanria frowns just slightly.
Sanria says 'Did your whole family live in the city?  Or did you come on your own?'

You smile happily.
You say ' I grew up on the street, Sanria'
You say ' Until a guild took me in, and taught me the ways of nature.'

Sanria gives a bit of a nod.
Sanria says 'I know it was presumptuous, but of all I've met, none ever seem to willingly come to Westbridge... a tale of sorrows, that city.'
Sanria gives a small smile.

You say ' Well, I must say I was rejoiced to return to Westbridge. But then I found out it was named Kefkaburg. So, considering the tale of sorrows...'
You shake your head.

Sanria says 'Kefkaburg... yes.'
Sanria sighs and shakes her head.
Sanria says 'Throm was poised to end their occupation but...'

You say ' He died prematurely?'

Sanria nods her agreement.

You say ' Due to the black makou?'

Sanria looks at you.
Sanria says 'At least as far as I understand it.  I never was told the full circumstances.'
Sanria says 'But... suffice it to say, I stay insulated as possible from that place.'
Sanria says 'Vectorians are monsters.'

You say ' The Vectorians found him?'

Sanria says 'No.  He died before they had a chance to clean Westbridge of their presence with TriPower.'

You frown disapprovingly.

Sanria says 'And so far as I know... none ever resumed the cause.  The city has simply gone back to the hands of the swine within it.'

You say ' Sorry, I am a bit confused. '

Sanria says 'You are aware that Throm was... well... something of a General over TriPower?'
Sanria sits up a little more, looking over at you intently.

You say ' As I said, no statue'

Sanria smiles a bit at that and nods slowly.

You say ' What confuses me, is that you said that you were with him at the time, lover, wife, or something under that flag. But when he died, you were told by someone else?'

Sanria looks down again
Sanria says 'It's rather a complicated yarn, I assure you.'
Sanria smirks a bit.

You say ' I see. '

Sanria says 'When he was infected it was years and years past.'

You say ' Aaah, you were already separated by the time he passed away?'

Sanria says 'Between the time he came back, finally, from the dreaming he and I decided we were not well matched.'
Sanria says 'Something like that, yes.'
Sanria says 'We were... exploring the possibility that perhaps we had made a mistake all those years ago and were...'

Sanria exhales with a shake of her head.

You say ' ...getting back together?'

Sanria closes her eyes with a singular nod.

Ror nods, and stays quiet, letting things sink in

Sanria finally looks back up.
Sanria says 'With the political aspect of things... without him to lead the charge, things reverted to the way they were, as if nothing had ever happened to challenge Vector.'

Ror lies down, and folds his hands before his chest

Sanria untucks her legs, stretching them out before her as she leans back on her hands.
Sanria says 'All whispers of rebellion have been quelled, it seems.'

You say ' By people themselves'

Sanria says 'Indeed.  For a time it seemed they were ready to overthrow Vector... but...'
Sanria says 'Every time I go to the city, I just see the sadness and the resignation.'

Ror thinks for a while, and then says, "It seems to me that true change must come from within. Why is everyone looking at the TriPower? Total war is down that path, and that is in nobodies best interest. The people of Westbridge must do it themselves

Sanria gives a small smirk
Sanria says 'If they could, they would have.  Some people simply aren't adept at navigating the ways of war and politics.'
Sanria says 'Such a collection of peoples with no true ties to the city save they all end up there... what do they have to fight and defend?'

You say ' They live there. That seems reason enough for me.'

Sanria says 'Perhaps.  But I tend to look at the idea that... living somewhere isn't always enough.  If spirits and hearts are broken enough, nothing else matters.  And Vector wields a heavy fist.'

You say ' I think I am going to agree with you on that. '

Sanria does not smile but merely gives a small nod.  She sighs deeply and pushes up from the ground, dusting her robes again.
Sanria says 'I should probably get back inside and check on everyone.'

Ror looks up at Sanria from the ground

You say ' What did you do so far to uplift the spirits of the people of Westbridge? Say, to shine a light in the darkness?'

Sanria looks down at you, a very faint flicker of a smile at the corner of her mouth.
Sanria says 'If the people feel balance is the way, then they will find the truth of their situations, and make changes.'

You say ' Tried that elsewhere once, didn't work as well as hoped. The world balances itself out without anyone's help is my experience at least.'

Sanria chuckles very quietly.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Precisely what they hope you think.'

You say ' Hm?'

Sanria shakes her head.
Sanria says 'Nothing.  Simple ramblings.  I should however get back to my ...'
Sanria takes a breath.

You say ' Research?'

Sanria says 'My husband and baby.'
Sanria smiles a little and looks off.

You say ' Oh? My congratulations! Healthy I hope?'

Sanria looks at you and nods.
Sanria says 'Very.  Thin, but perfect.'

Ror sits up and nods happily

You say ' Good'

Sanria says 'And Thank you.'

You say ' What for?'

Sanria says 'Your congratulations.'

You grin evilly.
You nod.

Sanria smiles with a chuckle.

You say ' I think I shall go then, but I would like to make an appoint, if that's not a problem'

Sanria tilts her head.
Sanria says 'To return?'

You say ' Here? I suspect elsewhere to be honest. But if here, then here, yes.'

Sanria looks a little surprised for a moment then nods.
Sanria says 'Anywhere, certainly.  When and where?'

You say ' When you have the time, as for where, that would be Throm's laboratory'

Sanria looks at you for a long moment, frozen.  She looks away.
Sanria says '*quietly*  I... can't do that... I'm sorry.'

You say ' Sorry, I didn't mean you have to go with me. You can if you want. All I ask is that you show me where it is.'

Sanria runs a hand through her hair and shakes her head once again.
Sanria says 'No... I can't... do that.'

You raise an eyebrow at the notion.
You say ' Too dangerous or personal objections?'

Sanria looks over at you, her expression pained.
Sanria says 'Quite a bit of both, I assure you.  Throm had secrets that... even with his not being here, I suspect would be best kept that way.'
Sanria says 'Besides... he does still have a son out there somewhere and I don't feel it my place to reveal his father's personal life.'

You say ' I'm not interested in Throm's personal life, I'm interested in his research. '

Sanria says 'Precisely the reason I can't take you.'
Sanria looks at you, this time the pain is being replaced by something more guarded.

You say ' Alright. There's nothing I can do then. But, if Throm's research falls in another's hands, outside the TriPower, what then?'

Sanria smiles a very small smile.
Sanria says 'There is much you do not know about Throm uth Bannon, Ror.'

You smile happily.
You say ' I came back to learn'

Sanria looks in the direction of the falls with a long sigh.
Sanria says '*quietly*  I am haunted.'

Ror looks with a loving smile at Sanria

Sanria looks back to you finally.

Ror adjusts the collar of his uniform, removing bits of moss from them

Sanria says 'I should make my retreat.  If you wish to learn more... I would suggest starting within TriPower's walls.'
Sanria says 'Your own people should be able to tell you of the man himself.'

You say ' Heh, you told me more than they did'
You say ' And I read the books too'
You say ' Such an important man, yet no statue.'

Sanria frowns a bit, inwardly cursing herself.

Ror eyes Sanria, and then mouths the words, without saying them, "I need to know. Because I don't trust him."

Sanria looks down at this, her face pained, and runs a hand through her hair rather nervously.

Ror stands up

Sanria says 'I can't claim I will tell you everything, but if you wish to know more... I am willing to speak to you at another time... once I... get my mind together.'

You say ' I really shouldn't hold you up any longer. Perhaps next time we can go for a drink?'
You wink suggestively at Sanria.

Sanria looks over at you and gives a small nod of agreement.
Sanria says 'Yes... certainly.'

You say ' Take care, and if you have the time and privacy, heal those wounds before they tear you up again.'
You smile happily.

Sanria gives a bit of a bow.
Sanria says 'Be well, Ror.'

You raise your hand and salute Sanria.
You say ' Will do, Ma'am.'

Sanria turns and heads back to the falls.  She vanishes behind a curtain of water.