Log: 25012013 - Ror and Alsin

OOC commentary: while newbie helping, Ror bumped into Alsin and roleplay sort of happened. For those with an interest in old factions, Alsin shares some history on the Emirc Dezinagro Syndicate.
 
Outside South Gate of Westbridge [NOLOOT]
  You are standing outside the strong wooden gate on the southern walls of
Westbridge.  Guards eye you suspiciously from the two towers on either side of
the gate, as they stand watch to protect the city from the goblins of this
forest.  The trees and goblins of the Miden'nir are south, the gate back to
Westbridge lies north.

[Exits: north south west up]   [Doors: none]
[...TPIFL..S.][WANTED] Alsin, the Silhouette of a Shadow is here.
[..C.........] A tame blue chocobo with a saddle paces here.

Alsin says 'So how are you this fine day?'

You say ' Not bad, not bad at all. You?'

Alsin chuckles politely.
Alsin says 'I am well, I like clear skies.'
Alsin says 'What brings you to these parts of the city? a casual stroll?'

You say ' I just helped an adventurer on his way'
You say ' Taking a break from the books'

Alsin says 'I was going to say, not much tears you from your books.'

Ror smirks

You say ' I learned that a break every now and then is good for my efficiency'

Alsin says 'Good choice.'

You say ' What is your excuse to be here? A casual stroll?'

Alsin says 'A not so casual stroll.'
Alsin says 'I followed you and the young adventurer.'
Alsin says 'I guess you can say I was practicing my art.'
Alsin says 'You study....I stalk.'

You say ' Aha'
You say ' Say, you've been around for a while, not? I mean, when I was not. Does the name Thasmudyan ring a bell?'

Alsin strokes his chin.
Alsin says 'The name does sound familiar.'
Alsin stops using the Official Seal of The Illuminati.
Alsin wears the Official Seal of The Illuminati as a clan symbol.
Alsin winks suggestively at you.

You raise your eyebrow at Alsin.

Alsin says 'An Illuminati if I recall....but I could be wrong.'

You say ' You used to be one of the Illuminati?'

Alsin chuckles politely.
Alsin says 'Never an official member....but I did make my way into the halls and I did study with several members.'

You nod.

Alsin says 'It's how I got the seal that I wear.'

You say ' I heard he was a former TriPower general. Of course my enquiry at the TriPower has yielded no results yet. Typical.'

Alsin says 'I remember vaguely his involvement.'

You say ' Yeah, that's about the only answer I get from people so far. '
You feel as if you are being WATCHED!
You say ' We are being scryed, perhaps we should move?'

Alsin says 'if you so choose.....I've been in worse situations.'
Alsin now follows you.
Alsin says 'Lead the way.'
Alsin looks all around.
Alsin chuckles politely.

You say ' Let me invite you to my home in return'

Alsin nods at you in agreement.

Ror pushes the bushes aside and is swallowed by nature, disappearing north

Entrance to an Ancient Tree [NOLOOT]
  A large, ancient tree grows in this rocky, small area.  The thick
trunk of the tree dominates among the moss covered rocks.  Its
gigantic roots digging deep beneath the soil.  The thick canopy
overhead blocks out most sunlight.  The tree grew through the first
layers of the canopy and beyond it.  One of the rocks has a carved out
rune.  Behind this rock is the start of a stairway, partially hacked
out of the rocks, and leading further up into the tree.  A weathered,
old sign at the bottom of the stairway reads: "Welcome".  

[Exits: south up]   [Doors: none]
[....PIFL..S.][WANTED] Alsin, the Silhouette of a Shadow is here.

Ror gradually climbs the steps up to the tree

Alsin looks around curiously

Ror follows the hallway north
Ror removes his overcoat and hangs it on one of the pegs

Alsin pulls back his hood and appears more relaxed as he peers around the room

You say ' Going up'

Ror follows the corridor to the north

At the Heart of an Ancient Tree [NOLOOT]
  The living room is a place for relaxation and enjoyment.  It lies
lower than the rest of the floor in a circular dent accessible from
all sides by two small steps.  The green carpet is very soft here and
the various furniture offer comfort and rest.  Strategically placed
plants decorate the place and live off the light that falls through a
large window in the ceiling.  The exits are archways enscribed with
beautiful elven patterns.  

[Exits: north east south west]   [Doors: none]
     a low, oaken table
     a comfy, fluffy chair
     a nice couch
     a large, nice sofa

Ror smiles and points at the furniture, 'Have a seat.'

Alsin sits on the couch and rests.
Alsin says 'Thank you.'

Ror sits down in the comfy, fluffy chair

Alsin says 'quite the home you have here.'

You say ' Thanks. I do my best to take care of her well.'

Alsin nods sagely.
Alsin says 'It's good to take care of one's home.'

You nod in enthusiastic agreement with Alsin.

Alsin says 'I should dust off the old halls of the under grounds in mine.'

You say ' Dust off?'

Alsin says 'Nobody has been in those old halls since the end of the faction wars.'
Alsin says 'I'm sure they are full of dust, but they lead straight to the Underdark.'

You say ' Sounds nostalgic. If you need a hand, I'll gladly lend it.'

Alsin says 'You would love the Library there.'

Ror smiles with interest

Alsin says 'It is a bit nostalgic.....our last few meetings have made me start work in restoring.'

You say ' Libraries are always fun. Although I must say the TriPower one is particularly good.'

Alsin says 'Just dusting off the entrance was a challenge, I can't wait to see what's inside and beneath.'

You say ' Well, you've been there before, not? '

Alsin says 'to the Tripower Library?'

You say ' Ah no, I meant the halls under the ground'

Alsin says 'I have, but again, if my house has gone unused for years, those halls have been twice as long since they were used for the factions.'

Ror nods in understanding

You say ' Fair enough. You never know what might have crawled in besides the dust!'

Alsin nods at you in agreement.
Alsin says 'I doubt much as made it in....but again, I could be wrong.'

You say ' Better safe than sorry in those cases I say'

Alsin says 'indeed. I'll make sure I'm careful when entering.'

You nod.

Ror says, 'Actually, that's one of the reasons why I ask around about this Thasmudyan.'

Alsin raises an eyebrow.
Alsin says 'Why is that?'

You say ' Planning to talk to him. Assuming I can find him of course. But that aside, I wish to verify his story from others.'
You say ' The TriPower needs men and women to strengthen its ranks. So...'

Alsin says 'go on.'

Ror sighs, 'Well, why does a general leave? Questions like that bug me. And if he left for nothing special, would he wish to return? And if he does, can we trust him? Is he the same man, or have the years changed him?'

You say ' To be well informed means eventual choices made are less likely to lead to regret'
You say ' Simple as that'

Alsin says 'I think people underestimate the Tripower and the people associated with them.'

You say ' How so?'

Alsin says 'If the Tripower was so weak, how was it one of two governments, factions if you must, to survive and become guilds.'
Alsin says 'Plus, there are strange happenings as of late.'

Ror thinks about this, then says, 'Please elaborate for my better understanding.'

Alsin says 'Well, at first you had guilds, the Immortals drove these guilds and followers.'

Ror politely listens till Alsin is done

Alsin says 'Then, as times changed and people became more and more powerful, some as powerful if not more than some of the immortals.'
Alsin says 'Times began to change, the guilds of the Immortals and deities fell.'
Alsin says 'The next thing to arise were the factions and governments.'
Alsin says 'As you know, TriPower and Vector were both factions that developed from demi-gods and mortals who had attained so much power in their mortality that they were essentially immortals.'

Ror nods along

Alsin says 'So when this trend began, the faction wars broke out.'
Alsin says 'Everybody wanted to create their own form of government or anti government....'
Alsin pauses as if lost in his own thoughts

You say ' Take your time'

Alsin says 'I apologize, but I am included in that group.'

You say ' Which one would you mean?'

Alsin says 'Well, we created a syndicated....a semi anti-government group that was in itself a government.'

You say ' Who is we?'

Alsin says 'The way to power during the faction wars was by claiming and owning lands.'
Alsin says 'The entire Fairfax Family.'
Alsin says 'Mcdougal, Vandalandius, and myself.'
Alsin says 'Along with Throm.'
Alsin says 'Who ironically is now a general with Tripower.'

Ror raises an eyebrow at the mention of the name Throm

Alsin says 'The four of us started this Syndicate of anti establishment and claimed lands.'

You say ' Throm uth Bannon doesn't sound to me as if he was Throm Fairfax...'

Alsin says 'He is not a Fairfax, which is why I didn't include him in the Family when I said Mcdougal, Vandalandius, and myself.'

You say ' Ah, my mistake. Carry on'

Alsin says 'He was very close to the Fairfax's and we would have taken him as one of our own.'
Alsin says 'Anyway.....we took our lands and the so did the other factions.'
Alsin says 'and we laid waste to the lands and each other.'
Alsin says 'It turns out the larger more organized of the factions claimed the largest lands and of course gained the greatest support.'
Alsin says 'The Tripower and Vector.'
Alsin says 'In time, as the smaller factions destroyed each other, it was easy for the Tripower and Vector to just swoop in the claim what was left.'
Alsin says 'That is how the faction wars ended, and Vector and the Tripower simply strengthened over the course of the wars.'
Alsin says 'That is when the new guilds arose, and of course, not lead by deities as much, but simply by ethos.'
Alsin says 'The armies of good, armies of evil....and all those inbetween.'

You say ' As a government, TriPower does not take side in the conflict of good and evil. Which is why I believe the TriPower will survive. I didn't mean to say that its weak because it lacks strength...'
You say ' ...but more as that it needs able people in the field. Despite elongated lives for most, there's a high turn over in those that survived up till now and those who did not.'

Alsin says 'It may not publicly take sides....but sides are always taken to benefit the government itself.'

You say ' And then I mean officers, not so much the footsoldiers'
You nod.
You say ' Obviously, governments will do anything to secure themselves or strengthen their position if possible'
You say ' And I believe a lot more in the policies of the TriPower, than I do in the genocidal lunacy you find in Vector'

Alsin says 'I believe a leader only need be present when action is necessary. What actions does the TriPower need to take at this time? I don't see any, and thus no leaders or generals need be present.'
Alsin says 'The generals will return when they are needed and called upon.'

You say ' Perhaps. We'll see.'

Alsin nods.

Ror sinks in his own thoughts as he mulls over it

Alsin says 'enough talk of history....I've lost too much to the wars and the guilds.'
Alsin says 'Everything just leads to solitude.'

Ror returns his attention to the present, and says, 'Hm, perhaps. History is important. I still have some questions actually, if you don't mind.'

Alsin says 'Go ahead.'

You say ' What was the name of the group you started?'
You say ' This syndicate'

Alsin says 'The Emirc Dezinagro Syndicate, most commonly reffered to as the Synners.'

You say ' And Throm was part of it?'

Alsin says 'Indeed he was.'

You say ' Why did he leave?'

Alsin says 'I would like to ask him that question myself.'
Alsin says 'Vandalandius went insane after the wars and Mcdougal passed away.'
Alsin says 'When the dust settled I could only see Throm as he walked away to his new life.'
Alsin says 'I haven't spoken to him since.'

You say ' So you don't know why Throm turned his back on you'

Alsin says 'I like to think that he didn't turn his back on me, but rather continued to cause in his own right...his own way.'

You say ' You're suggesting he joined the government to destroy it from the inside out?'

Alsin shakes his head.
Alsin says 'No no....I don't know his reasons, but I can only assume it's for the same reason he join the Syndicate.'

You say ' Which was? If I may ask so...'

Alsin says 'We all were brought together to the Syndicate because we all sought out self preservation and self advancement without any limitations.'
Alsin says 'After the wars there were but a handful of Synners left and with half the leaders dead or useless....'
Alsin says 'Not much for anyone to draw from or look to for guidance.'

You say ' ..."And where I tread, I shall crush your dreams"...'
You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.
You say ' Tell me, was Throm seeing anyone of the female pursuasion while being part of the Synners?'

Alsin says 'Not that I can recall, but Throm was quiet about things of that nature because he never wanted to endanger anyone he cared for.'

You say ' Makes sense. But at the other hand you might have picked something up before, during or after his time with you. You being stalky and all that...'

Alsin says 'I had no need to stalk my friends, I had done my stalking and prying before giving my trust.'

You say ' I see. Fair enough.'

Alsin says 'So at the time we lead the Syndicate, I trusted him with my life so there was no need to stalk him anymore.'

You say ' And after?'

Alsin says 'Well....after is another story.'

Ror leans back
You say ' All ears'

Alsin says 'I think I am barely finding myself again.'

You say ' And they're pointy too'

Alsin chuckles politely.
Alsin says 'Once Throm left, there was nothing left for me. My family, the Syndicate, everything was lost.'

You nod.

Alsin says 'So I receded into myself.....I wandered into the Underdark and gave myself to the lifestyle.'
Alsin says 'A street urchin, just living because death was not an option and nothing above seemed worth it to me.'

You say ' Masochistic punishment to turn away the pain of loss?'

Alsin says 'I put all my belongings and hoards in storage and just lost myself.'
Alsin says 'You can say that.'

You say ' Loss is painful. I think I understand.'

Alsin says 'So I lived many years as a simple urchin, until the whispers all ended and the names of the Syndicate had all but vanished from everybody's tongues in the Underdark.'
Alsin says 'That is where we were the strongest, so if we were forgotten there, then we were forgotten everywhere.'
Alsin says 'That is when I returned home, rebuilt my house, and even then have been living a life of solitude.'

You say ' But you're breaking free from it now, aren't you?'

Alsin says 'With enough thought and enough time I guess I figured I shouldn't be imprisoned and deprived of all the things I worked for.'

You say ' So you're trying to put the syndicate back into business?'
`
Alsin shakes his head.
Alsin says 'I simply want to offer refuge through less violent means. That isn't to say I won't fight.'

Ror puts his fingertips together and places them against his mouth, thinking

Alsin says 'I have everything I could ever ask for and enough riches to last multiple lifetimes.'
Alsin says 'Why let it go to waste.'
Alsin says 'That's what I see and that's what I think now.'

You nod.
You say ' Makes sense'

Alsin says 'Hence why I'm dusting the halls and restoring everything.'

You say ' Still, I think you'd do well among the ranks of the TriPower'

Alsin chuckles politely.

You say ' Perhaps my mind works in a funny way, but it was not intended as pun'

Alsin says 'Baby steps my friend.'

You nod.
You say ' Wise'

Alsin says 'I didn't mean to offend.'

You say ' No offense taken'

Alsin says 'All I mean is that I shall find my place in time. Right now I am drawn and pulled in far too many ways.'
Alsin says 'As forgotten as I wanted to be, it seems once you show your face you are easily remembered.'

You say ' My apologies if that felt as a push or pull.'

Alsin says 'No no, I meant as my own push and pull, within myself.'

You say ' Ah, yes.'
You nod.

You say ' Of course that would mean ending up in a government. Not always the best thing out there with the intruiges and the power struggles and the factions inside it. But I guess you'll find that anywhere...'

Alsin says 'That is true.'
Alsin says 'In the end no organization can be without "government".'

You nod.

Alsin says 'Even the Syndicate had its structure, despite us calling ourselves an "organization" or "group" rather than government.'

You say ' It can be a difficult choice. I recall making mine. I figured I could leave the standard druid or sage's life among the forests, undisturbed. Or I could join the government I thought would be more open to my dreams.'

Alsin says 'But we ruled the people and made our policies.'
Alsin nods.

You say ' I prefer influencing this government from the inside to ensure it does not destroy the lifestream and nature as it chases progression'
You say ' Rather than stand at the sidelines as well... sidelined'
You nod.

Alsin chuckles politely.
Alsin says 'A good choice.'

You say ' Wasn't easy at first, but I think I did well with it.'
You say ' Which reminds me of an entirely different topic, I am looking for makou crystals or materia. Any idea where I can find that?'

Alsin says 'I guess I'll have to make mine someday and decide whether my preservation and goals are best shared with the government or with a guild....or maybe even alone with a mutual respect from all if possible.'

You nod.
You agree absolutely.

Alsin says 'hehe.'
Alsin says 'Makou City would be my first stop.'
Alsin says 'Then I would seek out the shade, the netherese have a great understanding of materia as well.'

You say ' Makou City. Been a while I've been there. And these netherese? They live there now or is that elsewhere?'

Alsin says 'The Netherese live in the shadowrealm now, or that is the lore. The Shadow Temples is the gateway to them, and there are many Netherese who dedicate their lives at the Temples and live there.'

You nod.
You say ' I think I'll start at Makou city first.'
You say ' Closer to home.'

Alsin nods at you in agreement.
Alsin says 'indeed.'

Ror scratches his chin as he realizes it's getting dark outside, 'Aw man, I should really get back to the library now...'

Alsin stands up.
Alsin peers outside
Alsin says 'My apologies for keeping you so long.'

You shrug.

Alsin says 'Thank you for your time.'

You say ' Equally guilty'

Alsin places his hood over his head

Ror stands up as well and says, 'If you need a hand with all that sand, let me know.'

Alsin says 'I shall leave you to your studies, good luck with the Materia.'
Alsin nods at you in agreement.

You say ' People like me are good at elemental stuff like that.'

Alsin says 'I may take you up on that offer.'

You nod.

Alsin says 'This time employing you for the right job.'
Alsin chuckles politely.

You say ' Hmph. If I hadn't drunk anything, it would have gone just fine.'

Alsin looks about slightly lost

You beckon for Alsin to follow -- sure hope they do!

Alsin says 'down the hallway, down the stairs, our the door?'

You say ' I'll show the way'

Alsin nods at you in agreement.
Alsin says 'Lead on.'
Alsin says 'Thanks again.'

You say ' There you go'
You say ' Any time'

Alsin vanishes into the darkness

Alsin stops following you.

Ror waves and then leaves