Log: 27012013 - Ror and Sliver

OOC commentary: Second attempt to roleplay with a PK'er at market square was with Sliver and went much better!
 
You say ' Greetings'

Sliver says 'Things are rather quiet for such a big battle having gone down.'
Sliver nods sagely.

You say 'Agreed'

Sliver says 'It feels like the eye of the storm...'

You hmm quietly.
You say ' So anyway, I am happy that people were willing to liberate Westbridge while the TriPower had its hands tied in peace treaties.'

Sliver says 'My fear is that the liberation is lost on the people of this place...'

You say ' How so?'

Sliver says 'They fight against Kefka, and then they fight the ones that fought him... They turn coat at the drop of a hat.'
Sliver says 'I fear for what that says for the future of this place... I would hate all those deaths to be wasted.'

You say ' Who do you mean with 'they'? '

Sliver says 'Each of our men, each one had a family, a life.'
Sliver says 'Right here this very square, a mass of people stood with us, fought with Radiant Heart... We all watched him fall... And then they turn on us.'

You say ' Ah, I see. I did not witness the aftermath. Once Kefka fell, I stopped observing the battle. It seemed won.'

Sliver says 'We followed the groupes across town, followed the shouts. It seemed there were more soldiers we missed.'
Sliver says 'We were wrong. One of our Generals... They took him down.'
Sliver says 'We fought for them, and they slaughtered ours.'

Ror shakes his head in disbelieve

You say ' So what was the name of this general?'

Sliver says 'Our leaders have the names of all our fallen and injured. I can get them for you.'
Sliver says 'I worry what this means for the future. '
Sliver says 'The heat of battle mistakes can be made... That is a sad mistake to make, but I worry more about what this says for things to come...'
Sliver says 'I worry that they have spent too much time under evil rule to understand that 'freedom' can be as much of a prison if they don't treat it with the respect it needs.'

You say ' Try to worry less, lady. It won't solve the problem. I would like to suggest that we ask the Keepers of Balance to help us build a school here. So children can be taught again. To take care of the orphans and sick, and mend the wounds of war.'

Sliver says 'An honorable request. I see no reason that could not come about. I think that would go a long way towards building spirits in what could be a stressful time.'

You say ' I was perhaps not be allowed to fight for this, but I sure can help rebuild '
You agree absolutely.
You say ' That aside, I am also looking for whatever shrapnel there is left of Kefka's suit.'

Sliver says 'Ah. There have been scavengers about looking for various scraps from the battle. It will be slim pickings at this point.'

You say ' Yes, I got my hands on a few bits and pieces, but I was wondering whether Radiant Heart troops recovered some as well.'