Discoveries in Seas of Emotion ( 1 of 2 )

"Mom, you really shouldn't come.  The guy is an asshole."  Leandra was not known for holding back, and Sanria sighed.
"I'd like to see her for myself and possibly..."
"What?"
"Well, I know we haven't exactly talked since... since you left, but-"
"Gods mom, what did you do now.  Or should I say, who?"
"Leandra, that's... nevermind.  I'm back  together with  your father."
"Well that's great!"
"No... hang on..."
"What?"
"I'm with Gilean, too."  Silence.  Then:
"You're married to two guys?"
"Yes."
"Holy hells, mom.  I mean...  what is wrong with you?"
"Leandra, I'm  doing the best I can under the circumstances, so if you
don't mind keeping your demeaning opinion to yourself-"
"Fine.  Fine... I'm... glad you're at least kinda back with Dad."
"Thank you," Sanria telepathed.  "When can I come to visit Claire?"
"Soon. Mr. Bitch takes their kids to visit the other Espers daily. You
need  to come about  noon.  If he finds you there, he's probably going
to be in a mood."
"Thank you, Leandra.  I love you."
"Yeah, I know."

Sanria broke the  connection with  her daughter and sighed.  She still  didn't  know  she had a  brand new half brother, but  that  would be a discussion for  another time.  She got up and packed a few supplies in her pack.  She would go to  Claire,  figure out  how to get her out of her  situation, and bring her  back for Gilean.  It would be as simple as that.  She  had nearly reached the  door when Gilean  appeared from the library.

He guessed immediately where she was going and why, and spent the next moments trying to convince her that it was not what he wanted.  "But," she began, "don't you love Claire more than you love me?  If you could  be with her, wouldn't you?" "I do love Claire.  I do care about what she's going through and I hate  to see it. She doesn't deserve it. But to say I love her more than you?" Gilean shook his head.  "That's not true, Sanria."

Sanria's heart skipped and she reached out, taking both Gilean and her baby son, Sandorin, into an embrace. As strange was it was, she had to admit to herself  that she was  deeply in love with Gilean, and though  it was different than the  deep love she  had for Colin, the truth was that she felt her heart more entwined with the man in her arms now.

She pulled back just as Orn came down the stairs. "Oh, hey guys. You...  going somewhere, Mom?"
"Ah, I don't think so now.  I was just going to go visit Claire and Leandra.  I was thinking of helping Claire if she wanted help."
"Oh.  Well, is there something I can do to help?"