The Muse (Part 4B)

"Can't dwell on the past, have to move forward, don't worry about why it could happen," Ror tried to settle my thoughts but I couldn't calm down. The bottle in front of me levitated by my will then exploded and before the pieces flew out they stopped and imploded upon themselves and the bottle became nothing.

"You don't understand, I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE," I nearly screamed the last part and got more than a few odd looks from other patrons. We'd been drinking a while though and after some explaining about having to see a man about a horse, Hiroaki had to leave

"If I did this to someone, it's because death was too good for them. I'm going to find them before they find me." I breathed slowly to calm myself down.

"You're right, I don't understand. But that doesn't mean you are," he  said it so nonchalantly that it didn't infuriate me. "The Tripower has  walls that are high and might that is great, you could easily be protected  by us and we could use a priestess of your talent."

"I'm flattered you think so, I must admit the idea of being protected by you does seem rather nice, but I think I should at least wait until morning to commit to anything. It's late and I should make sure an Inn room is available." I smiled a at him and he showed me to the door and had the class to make one of the young airship attendents see me to one of the local Inns.

It was certainly something I hadn't thought about. Could there be those that could protect her from the fate she had suffered? Did she need to hunt her tormentor down? It seems this day has brought more questions then answers.