Falling Shadows and Angel Dust

They were knocked back from her by Nightmarish Magic. I screamed in agony as the full force of living it out again hit me. This was no dream, no nightmare, this was induced by Shar and it burned in her viens. They began chanting spells to contain her magic which was bursting from her at this point through fits of sobs and rage. And then I felt it. It was like a cold hand tearing out my heart. The pain became real all over again. The sorrow within her heart spun around me and I knew they were  gone from this world, claimed by death. I slumped to the ground, tears acid down my cheeks as they came to me and helped shield my soul from  the sorrow with magic.

"No, Noooo, please not again..." I screamed and succumbed to tears as I was shaken awake. Someone was holding up a very bright ball of light and there were dozens of people around me.

"Find out what she did! " A voice of command came from the group and she started to recognize the symbols on the armor of the Radiant Hearts. The strider came to me, Inigo pushed aside one of the knights and picked me up. His arms reminded me once more of my loss and I cried out again and wept into his shoulder.

Inigo walked slowly back to camp, telling the few who came after us that it was obvious I needed rest and that in time we'd learn what had happened. After building a small campfire he began crushing herbs like he'd learned in the islands to make potent teas that could sooth the aching soul. It took some time but I managed to calm myself enough to sip the tea and I told him what had happened those few years ago.

I explained where I was from and that we simply called it heaven, it wasn't the true immortal plane but there was power there. We talked about how I met the one I wanted to be my husband and who had been father to my child. And I told him how I had been expelled from my office because it was forbidden to harbor such sorrow in your own heart. He was very good at understanding and it calmed me enough to remember the Weeping Child who was still trapped within that Nexus Temple. It had been hours, it would be morning in most places, but it was never really day in this place. I stood up and Inigo tried to get me to stay.

"I can't leave him there" I began walking back to the circle my pace quickening as I remembered more about what had actually happened, picking up my pack I hugged Inigo, and shielding myself this time I asked the monk to send me back. The flash of light was again blinding and again the child was there weeping. "Don't fret child, we're going to find out how to get you home. "