The Muse (Part 7)

*Scrolled in a neat blue script, a Journal log lays open.*

22nd Day of Eleasias:

Finally, it was found, the device of my imprisonment. The young cleric of the Tripower had been so eager to help her. It was the same day I met a strange wizard named Quyen, who oddly enough had been on his way to see Ror. As a healer, I felt the need to help the man in any way I could but our time was short lived as the device in the book would take me very far from this city. Packing my things I left for the City of New Thalos once more, where I hoped he would be able to help me.

28th Day of Eleasias - The Merchant Knight:


The city was much as I remembered it a few months ago. A new business had opened up though it seems and karts and workers with a Blue Rose entwined around a sword were nearly everywhere it seemed. Even some of the larger ships in the harbor had the insignia emblazoned across their sails that could be seen from even the markets. It was difficult to find him at first, but I soon realized that it was his insignia that everyone seemed to wear these days. After finding his office I was told by a rather frustrating goblin secretary in bright pink glasses that only visitors with appointments could be seen. He recognized my voice however and upon opening his door and seeing me greeted me as a long lost friend.

He was a powerful man once again, a story he briefly told me but more important was that he had clues to my past. He mentioned the gnome I needed to find. The gnome even he had been searching for and the one that had got us into all that trouble so many years ago. After some debate about sending guards with me to help, I convinced him to let me ride in an airship bound for Waterdeep.

5th Day of Eleint - The Gnome:

I found the little bastard. Right in the middle of the market. He gasped and tried to run as soon as he saw me. The slippery eel nearly tore his own coat off trying to get away. In the end, he yielded. Even though he had was the one who started us down the path of creating the instruments, I didn't harm him. The words he spoke were those of remorse and sadness.  The short balding gnome with bright green hair had something he hoped  to show me. Something I would have to let him leave and then return for. What this item could be I could only guess at, but I let him go to find....
*The words scroll off as if interrupted or the Journal was closed quickly  with the quill still in the pages.*

Quyen looked up from the book and back to the sleeping priestess whom he had tended to all last night. There was something very odd happening, very odd indeed.