Log: 18122013 - Quyen and Calliope

OOC commentary: Some live roleplay part of "The Muse" roleplay. After Quyen rescued Calliope, they lurk in a sanctuary. However, when they are ready to continue their journey, they find themselves elsewhere. Or as they say: from the frying pan into the fire...

Quyen closes his eyes and rests while he can.

Calliope slowly wakes up, head still aching from before.
Calliope sits on a bed of flowers and rests.
Calliope says 'Where... the... where am I?'

Quyen opens one eye as he awakes from his slumber, then smiles, opening both eyes.

You say ' Safe.'
You say ' How do you feel?'

Calliope says 'Better, this... whole room isn't real is it?'
Calliope looks around at what appears to be a very small inn room.

You say ' Real enough. But your instincts are right that it's not a "real" inn room.'

Calliope picks herself up and sits on the edge of the bed.
Calliope sits on a bed of flowers.

You say ' Careful now, I took care of your wounds, but I am not a priest.'

Calliope says 'Last thing I remember... a knight? no a demon... yes, a demon.... and you saved me?'
Calliope looks down at her wounds and smiles.
Calliope says 'You've done well.'

Quyen scratches the back of his head and smiles

Calliope holds her hands over the bandages and dressings and white light glows from under them.
Calliope says 'Much better.'

You say ' Hehe'

Calliope says 'But before all that...'
Calliope jumps to her feet making an exclamation!
Calliope stands up.
Calliope says 'THE GNOME!!!'
Calliope looks about her frantically.
Calliope says 'where's my journal?'

You say ' Hm. Clothes first perhaps?'
Quyen points at his fallen coat on the ground

Calliope blushes.
Calliope says 'At least turn around!'

You mutter quietly to yourself.
Quyen stands up and turns
You say ' Not like I hadn't seen it before...'

Calliope picks up the coat and puts it over her shoulders and the after looking through her packs pulls out a blue and white robe.
Calliope puts on the robes and pulls blue sashes that have been stitched into it tightly about her so the dress moves and flows but doesn't billow.

Quyen talks while waiting, 'I read your journal by the way while you recovered. What about that gnome?'

Calliope says 'The lil bastard tried to have me killed.'

You say ' I see. But *why*?'

Calliope says 'He created the device, it harnesses energy for the channeler in a spell that's designed to create a very powerful artifact.'
Calliope says 'Well, he created one of them.'

Quyen listens while waiting
You say ' artifact?'

Calliope says 'there are supposed to be 3 devices'
Calliope says 'Yes, I'm still not sure what it is.'

You hear in the distance a church bell toll midnight.

Calliope says 'He said he had to show me, that night!'

You say ' So, did he lock you away or was he connected to the whole thing in some other way?'

Calliope says 'Next thing I knew I was being chased out of my Inn by a shade demon and that demonic knight'
Calliope says 'I'm not sure, the spell went wrong. That's why I was locked away.'

Quyen mutters, thinking back of the other demons in the city, 'Not just that...'

Calliope says 'Whether he meant for it to be like that... I don't know.'

You say ' So, he admitted the spell went wrong?'

Calliope says 'If I EVER find that little rodent!'
Calliope says 'He tried weaseling out of it by telling me it went wrong, which I assume it did.'

Quyen glances back to see how far Calliope is with dressing up

Calliope says 'The whole ritual is designed to entomb some sort of magical device that otherwise would be too powerful to sustain itself.'
Calliope says 'Still trying to piece that part together'
Calliope puts a small gold and blue pendant around her neck.

You say ' What kind of device are we talking about?'

Calliope says 'All done, you can turn around.'

You smile happily.

Quyen turns back and looks Calliope

You say ' Dashing'

Calliope says 'It's the one in the book. The book shows 3 devices, each flowing energy into the channeler who is encasing a magical artifact above... it's a pentagram ritual. But not dark arts.'
Calliope smiles happily.

You say ' So... the spell is part of a ritual that entombs a device of which three are needed to encase a magical artifact?'

Calliope says 'The book just explains that the ritual can be used to divert magical power into a channeler and use that diversion as time to be able to capture magic that is normally uncontrollable.'

You say ' Hm.'

Calliope says 'So, no time to lose though... where are we?'
Calliope opens the door to the Inn and gasps.

You say ' Yeah, a wall.'
You say ' The door is just there to give a sense of realness.'

Calliope says 'lovely...'

You say ' It's all spell really.'

Calliope says 'I really need to find that gnome before he escapes.'

You say ' I didn't know where to go, so I decided we could lurk in here until you were healed. That city of yours
was crawling with demons.'

Calliope says 'Waterdeep is a very strange city.'
Calliope says 'It's not even the same city depending on who you are.'

You say ' Well, I guess I did well then not to bring Ror's map '
You chuckle politely.

Calliope says 'His map?'

You say ' To help me find the way around? Never mind.'

Calliope says 'Oh, did Ror send you after me?'

You nod.
You say ' I was instructed to find and help you.'

Calliope says 'I'm glad he did.'
Calliope says 'We're not... far... from waterdeep, are we?'

You say ' I have no idea.'

Calliope says 'You don't know where we are!!!'

You say ' Well, I hoped you would know...you know... once you were conscious again...'

Calliope says 'Well, I do know most of the realms, how do we get out of here?'

You say ' Ah, through the door of course'
You grin evilly.

Quyen takes the doorknob from Calliope's hand, then closes the door, before reopening it and showing a way out.

Calliope looks at you dumbfounded.

You say ' Ladies first'
You wink suggestively at Calliope.

Calliope gasps in astonishment.
Calliope walks out of the door, casting a fly spell as she leaves.

You say ' Oh yeah, we were above ground. I forgot to mention that...'

Calliope winks suggestively at you.
Calliope peers intently south.
Calliope peers intently north.
Calliope peers intently west.

Quyen follows Calliope and closes the door behind him, which disappears.

Calliope says 'It's nothing but water!!!'
Calliope sighs.

You say ' That's not true. There's air, and us too.'

Calliope places her hand on her forehand and mutters.

You smirk.

Calliope says 'well then let's start walking till we find something I recognize.'
Calliope sits down and thinks deeply.

You say ' Fine by me'

Calliope gasps in astonishment.
Calliope leaves west.

You follow Calliope.

Calliope sighs.

Quyen eyes the dark clouds around them that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Calliope moves a few feet and is enveloped by a dark cloud.
Calliope turns back to you.

Quyen leaps after Calliope into the dark cloud
You bat your eyelashes.

Inside the Dark Clouds [NOLOOT]
  Nothing but darkness is all around.  The cold chill from the cloud can be felt all around.  There is no way to tell which way is up from down, east from where, or north from south.  Everything is nothing more than the hazy mist.  

Calliope says 'Watch it! I can't see shit in this could.'
Calliope says 'cloud'
Calliope says 'What have you gotten us into now!'

Quyen extends his hand to feel around

You say ' Where are you?'

Calliope says 'I'm going back out.'
Calliope wanders around and nearly bumps into you as she returns.

You say ' Ouch!'

Calliope says 'Don't come after me! I'm not going to...'
Calliope says 'You didn't move did you.'

You say ' I never moved.'

Calliope sighs.

Quyen takes Calliope's hand

You say ' There. At least I don't have to try and find you in this darkness'

Calliope nods.
Calliope says 'Can you use and spells?'
Calliope says 'Cause I haven't been able to since we got here.'

Your Magic fizzles out and dies.
You say ' Nope'

Calliope says 'It's like a magical void.'

You grumble distractedly to yourself
You say ' Well, no worries. I can find without magic if need be'

Calliope says 'Yes, well I don't think we need you to find anymore.'
Calliope says 'Dark cloud of shifting reality is perfectly enough for me thanks.'

You say ' Your welcome. As well as for saving your life. Thank you very much.'

Calliope says 'Well, thanks but we're lost now... who knows where we are!'

You say ' Right here.'

Calliope says 'Ok, good point.'

You say ' And you're not alone. '
You say ' Could be worse'

Calliope says 'Yeah'
Calliope hugs you.
Calliope says 'Thanks'

You hug her.
You say ' No problem'

Calliope says 'I get kinda scared in cold dark places I guess.'

You say ' So, how about we trying going up. Usually the light is up, right?'

Calliope says 'Sound about right, can't hurt!'
Calliope says 'I hope...'

You say ' Can't bump into you again'
You grin evilly.

Inside the Dark Clouds [NOLOOT]
  Finally some light can be seen to the south.  The cloud itself magically ends and turns into a paved road that leads towards the light.  All other directions are consumed by the darkness that is the Dark Cloud.  

You say ' I think I see some light...'

Calliope says 'Ssshhhhhhh'
Calliope says 'You don't hear it?'
Calliope says 'sounds like...'
Calliope says 'Like crying...'

You say ' A child'

Calliope says 'yes... it could be a child crying...'
Calliope looks around in the dark cloud.

Quyen squeezes Calliope's hand
Quyen looks at A Weeping Child

Calliope says 'what!'
Calliope says 'Oh... a Child.'

/// To Be Continued ///