Draconic Restoration Part II

The three Hawks gathered near their parents grave and Icehawk uncovered a small stone in the ground. They fored a triangle, hands outstretched to eachother palm-out. They began to chant a chant long dead to the world, a chant in a launguage long forgotten yet wholely unique. It was a chant of the Draconian Hawks. A pulse in the chant began to not only be felt in the words, but in the ground, a solid beat. The feeling grew stronger. A flicker of flame blinked in Firehawk's palm. A touch of snow began to spin around Icehawk's wrists. A crackle of electricity coursed through Thunderhawk's arms. The three chanted louder, the spell woven tight for so long began to unravel. As the ritual of restoration progressed, another voice could be heard, one so deep and unique. It spoke of the Earth and their father. Their hearts reached out for his long past. But the voice grew stronger than they had heard it before and Icehawk's eyes fluttered open at how the spell felt changed! It wasn't working! What was happening! Suddenly he felt a spasm in his back, then a tearing sensation. His hand remained outstretched as he experieced pain that which he did not expect among this ritual! Wings shot out of his back, large and draconic, and a tail spring out! Icehawk forced his eyes open and saw Firehawk experiecing his pain, agony in his eyes. But another thing was happeneing, Thunderhawk was also changing. Icehawk didn't forsee this! But as fast as the transformation has started, it was over. Icehawk wholy expected to be completely changed back to his orignal, draconic self. But the eyes of his eldest brother told him not. The three heard a voice, the same as they had heard before. "You took these forms to live safely, but you cannot return wholely to yourselves. I am sorry my children, but was has been done can not be wholy undone at your will. I-- I miss you my sons, and I wish you your desires, but you must take what you have. Be happy my sons. I love you." At these words, the three hawks collapsed. Hours later, as they awoke, they began to see what had taken place. The spell had been initiated, but was not able to be finished. The result was, as they discovered, was that Icehawk and Thunderhawk had gained a futional set of wings and tails. Strangely, they retained their human likenesses and upon closer experimentation found that by some feat of magic, the wings could retract to a much smaller size than was able to Firehawk. "Well brothers," Firehawk adressed his siblings, "What do we consider this?" Icehawk thought it over a moment and slowly replied. "I find that it was not really a failure. We have our wings and to what I can gather," ICehawk demonstrated snapping a large board as if it were nothing, "We have our strength. We simply have the cosmetic appearance of humans. This might have been a better alternative I didn't consider. Thunderhawk, I know you did not wish this, what is your take on the matter?" "My take? I came here to help you and in return I've got my stregth and my wings. I'm friggin happy and I say we not nix this and leave here." The three agreed wholy. Icehawk reached into his bag and brought out a gem-studded magical device. After hitting a few buttons, a medium-sized airship appeared right above them. Thunderhawk grumbled about how he had to walk when they could have flown here in that. Icehawk smiled benevolently and boarded his ship with his brothers as they took off into the sunset...