Planning Ahead

Arlenia called Hector and Brant into the hut and set them down. The two big men looked at her and broke into smiles. "Now you want us to do what, exactly?" Hector asked.

"You take these darts, Banion has already tipped them in the sedative, and you -"

"Dart him? Like a monkey?" Brant asked. The men broke into laughter.

"Look, jerks, you dart him, alright? Then you drag his butt back here so I can marry him with Banion's blessing and I won't have to be some single mother on an island full of... of..."

"Jerks," Brant finished.

"Yes. Jerks. You'll be paid for your work."

"How much?" Hector asked.

"I don't know - I'm sure I can scrounge up some platinum somehow, but you are both my friends and have been for years - so I can count on you, right?"

The men sighed and shook their heads. "Yeah, you can. But you're gonna owe us big, Arlenia."

"Just... be careful. He can get really, really angry."

"He won't even see us," Hector said.

"Good. Oh yeah -" Arlenia paused and walked to her bedside table. She lifted a letter into her hand and laid it on Brant's lap. "She needs to find that."

Brant lifted the letter and eyed it before looking back at Arlenia. "How is she supposed to find it?"

"Leave it at the door for all I care. Now go. I want my husband back here before I get any bigger."