Vanishing Guardian

Sanria held the note in her hand and reread it carefully. Her hand began to tremble as she looked at the words written:

Sanria, I thought about what you had said and how I hadn't ever given Arlenia an opportunity to win my heart. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I had been unfair. She does deserve better than what I had given her. I will be gone for a time - I need to do some soul searching. Of course I will return to visit with you and Orn and when our little one comes, I will make certain I visit with her, but I believe our time as a couple is at an end. I realize this may not make you happy, but you had wanted out so terribly before, I figure it's only a matter of time. I would rather ensure that someone who desperately loves me has the opportunity to give that affection to me. I will be in touch. 

Colin

Sanria closed the door and walked slowly into the sitting room. She sank into the couch and burst into sobs. There was never an indication that Colin was unhappy or that he felt that way. There was hardly anything - at least anymore - that made Sanria feel as if she wanted to leave. Now, however, she was utterly alone without even her memories to keep her company.