White Wolf Mistakes

The damnable priest again. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I needed to show him that I would be fine, that living as a wolf would do nothing to impede my quality of life - he just lost himself. I admit, outside of my own kind, I've never met another who was transformed as a white wolf. He had golden eyes that glowed - I knew right away that he was different. One of those that we had left behind in the far reaches of the outer planes.

The way he took off, though - running from himself and his own knowledge. I am ashamed to let on that I enjoyed chasing behind him at breakneck speeds, but when he caught his leg in that trap, I felt all the crushing guilt. It was my fault. It *is* my fault.

I feel that to stay where I can be found is foolish, for he will certainly return to seek out my council. That is, after all, what he came for. To air his aching heart over some girl. He sounded like a child, but for all that I resent when it comes to Lady Sune, I long for that feeling. To be blindly in love, heedless to everything around you, with eyes for the one that makes your heart sing...

Ah, trifles. Mere trifles.