No way... I Mean, Really?!

No way... I mean, really, what were the odds that some half naked, tattooed woman with tons of kinda cool piercings would be able to recite the name of the man that drove Leandra to madness. How in the hell did she know him, anyway? And so Leandra found herself sliding shyly toward the woman, "H... hey... Excuse me... I... uh, I heard you say Thasmudyan. You know him?"

"Depends which me your asking," the woman replied, and Leandra was automatically confused. "Apologies dear, Why?" Much better.

"He's the man screwing around with my mom. He's ruined my life and my family," Leandra said simply - it was a fact however you looked at it, really.

There was something about the woman, maybe it was that twitching that started at her temples, that told Leandra she might not want to bother her, but then, "Take a load off my dear, the gods tell me you've been on your feet some time. Yes I knew him. A woman introduced him to me some time ago, helping him to find love after their own marriage didn't last. Sanria her name was."

And the odds were astronomical and just kept coming. "That's my mom... You know my mom, too? I used to think she was a complete moron, but she's not toooo bad."

"Apologies dear, your mother IS.. a complete moron." The statement made Leandra mad for a second. It was one thing to call your own mother a moron, another to have a stranger do it. "She has this habit of interfering, and causing troubles of heart ache and danger on those she claims to love. She destroyed that man, We are almost married you know. She didn't tell you he was seeing somebody?"

"You and Thasmudyan are supposed to get married??? He's always staying in our house and stuff. He's supposed to be healing my dad but while my dad was asleep he was sleeping with my mom."

"He told me he was stuck in the lifestream. That time travels different there, knowing I can not enter."

"He's a good liar, it seems. He's been at our house since I was, like, little. Sometimes he leaves. Then he comes back and my mom gets stupid happy."

"When he comes to lay in my bed no doubt."

"Adults are stupid. No offense."

Leandra said nothing of the twitching temples of the woman, they were a little unnerving, so she just kept her eyes off of them so no one would be the wiser. "Well... I'm going to have to call of the wedding proposal," the woman said.

"No... don't do that!" Shit! SHIT! Thought Leandra. And here she had just screwed up the one chance to get that man out of her house for good! SHIT! "You have to take him... get him out of my house..."

"Well I don't want him, not anymore."

"No no... no... if you don't want him that means he might end up being my dad..."

"Not if you got rid of him."

"You mean to kill him?"

"Of course not child, to deliberately take death from a being would be wrong."

And Leandra found herself listening to a woman telling her exactly what she would need to do to get rid of the problem. It was simple, really and Leandra found her heart lightening. "Thank you... uh... what's your name?"

"Maya, Maya Do'Urden of the 9th house of Menzoberranzan."