Understanding

Slowly, very slowly, the scream faded into silence. Then, Banion's lovely girl was sobbing dry tears onto the ground. "There, now, child," he crooned, and got to his hands and knees, lifting her skeletal face to look at him. She bore the necessary equipment for stealing the life force from anyone - a pair of curved fangs. "You will have your revenge and then your rest."

"Fire... I'm on f... fire..."

"A side affect that will soon diminish," Banion lied. The pain would be omnipresent, eternal, until he sent her back into oblivion.

"Make... it stop..." she chattered.

"Easy now," he said, running a hand over her head. "You were murdered, my dear girl."

"Yes..."

"I want you to have your revenge."

Banion smiled as Arlenia rose for the first time since her death. She stumbled at first, then stood and held her hands out, looking at the skeletal remains that glowed dully. "Why... why..."

Banion got up as well, putting a hand on Arlenia's arm. "Child, you have been gone from this mortal coil for nigh on a month. You are still just as beautiful as before. Even more beautiful, for now, you are my creation. My daughter."

The furnace-red eyes blazed in his direction and Banion gave a small, placating smile. Arlenia looked at him with her head tilted. "Creation?"

"Yes, child."

"No... I don't want this..."

"Ustulo in anima quod non obedit, Maldicam in corpus quod non secor," as he spoke the words, Arlenia let forth a scream of pain, "Pati in dolorem de tuus dominus, Donec vos discere in semitam."

"PLEASE!" Arlenia screamed out, driven to her knees.

With a wave of his hand, Banion released the spell and knelt beside Arlenia. "Sweet child," he said. "Please, go find your revenge and don't make me have to do any more of that. I don't want your soul to suffer. Go find him. And bring his head back to me."

"My... revenge..."

"Vicariously through me, vicariously through you, child. It will be ours together."