Log: 02102012 - Ror and Sanria

OOC comment: Log of Ror meeting Sanria for the first time.


Alongside A Wild Waterfall
So much for a quaint little brook.  The what once was small brook is now a raging waterfall, crashing and thumping against the rocks, as it viciously works its way, still off to the north of your path.  You notice the mountains seem to encase you in a valley, forever growing taller and more mighty with every step.  A dark green moss seems to cover the trees about you, camouflaging the wild animals of the woods.  It seems as though these trees and plants are older than time itself, yet have never aged a day.  The ground is covered in soft brown pine neddles, matting your heavy footsteps. Several large boulders are scattered here and there throughout the woods. The path continues west and back east. 

[Exits: north east west up]   [Doors: none]

Sanria stands across from the waterfall, bent over, picking a few small herbs.  She hums as she works, carefully selecting each one with a practiced eye.

Ror walks in from the east, humming to himself while crossing out a herb's name on a list he has with him.

Sanria stops her humming and stands fully.  She turns around, her brow furrowed, and finally spots you.
Sanria says '*whispers* Tripower...'

Ror stops suddenly, dead in his tracks!... and bends to pick the leaves from a herb he spotted just a few inches from his feet.

Sanria walks slowly out onto the path and clears her throat.  She looks a bit pale.
Sanria says 'Excuse me...'

Ror looks up, his train of thought broken
You say ' Oh! Hello, didn't see you there.'

Sanria holds her collection of herbs in her hand, looking much like a bouquet. She gives a slight bow in your direction. 

Sanria says 'Quite alright... I was just... wondering... you are wearing TriPower regalia, correct?'
Sanria approaches you now, still looking over the uniform with more than a bit of trepidation and wistful thought.
She pulls her eyes to look at you.

You say ' Ahem, yes madam, indeed, you are correct.'

Sanria says '*quietly*  I thought so...'
Sanria says 'It's been a long while since I've seen it...'
Sanria gives a sad smile and reaches out, pausing
Sanria says 'May I?'

You say ' The regalia, or something else?'

Sanria lowers her hand and gives a small smile, nodding.
Sanria says 'You are keenly perceptive.  I lost someone very special to me.'
Sanria says 'You may have known him, though perhaps not... he was a leader of TriPower.'

You say ' I'm all ears, madam.'

Sanria 's eyes stay on the uniform for a long moment, she finally gets herself together enough to look up at you.
Sanria says 'Throm uth Bannon.'
Sanria swallows hard, having not spoken the name for a long time.

Ror scratches his chin
You say ' He disappeared?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  He died.'
Sanria clears her throat and seems to reset her shoulders.
Sanria says 'Old history... I'm sorry.'

You say ' I see. My condolences'

Sanria says 'Thank you.'
Sanria holds out her hand.
Sanria says 'I'm Sanria Stone.'

You raise your hand and salute Sanria.

Ror holds out his hand now

You say ' Ror Surion'

Sanria smiles as she takes your hand, shaking it.

You say ' Research division'

Sanria says 'A pleasure ... and research?'

You say ' Yes....?'
Ror wonders whether he said something odd

Sanria says 'What do you research, if I could ask?'
Sanria smiles a little as she listens.

You say ' Ah, I research the domains of magic, most predominantly the lifeforce and nature'

Sanria chuckles a bit, her smile widening.

You say ' Did I say something funny?'

Sanria says 'Very interesting, indeed.'
Sanria says 'I deal a lot with nature myself...'
Sanria holds up her hand, showing off her herb collection thus far.

Ror looks at the herbs
You say ' Constancia hernai, Olangui dadaai, Polanus coa and Serpentinio purpurae'

Sanria smiles more broadly.

Ror points with his finger to the respective herbs

Sanria says 'You know them.  Are you a sage?  Most who aren't don't really know them so well...'

You say ' Indeed, I am a sage. Although still in training, I must admit.'

Sanria chuckles once more, her face and demeanor seeming to warm.
Sanria says 'We are always in training, Sir Ror.'

You say ' Touche'

Ror smiles gently

Sanria says 'Did you require any herbs in particular?'
Sanria says 'I might be able to help you quickly locate them since I live here.'

You say ' I actually came here for the mosses near the waterfall. But I see I was not the only one today with that idea.'

Sanria chuckles a bit.
Sanria says 'Well... here, come with me.'

You nod.

Sanria beckons for you to follow.

Ror follows Sanria

Sanria leaves north.
                        
The Bejuril Crystal Cavern [SAFE] [A-SAFE]
Here, behind a curtain of crashing waterfall, you find yourself in a very large cavern.  Though just to the south the sound was deafening, here the roaring water is muted to a dull whisper.  Even the mist that flows from the water seems not to land, but to float on the air, catching the beautiful twinkling of the myriad of crystals that  cluster in bands in the stone.  To the east lies yet another large, dark cavern.  To the north, up a set of seven stairs, is a stone door carved from the rock with a tree-motif.  A cord hangs beside the door to alert the inhabitants of the presence of guests.

You say ' Whoa...'

Sanria walks around the falls, through the illusion of them, and into the cavern.
Sanria looks at you with a chuckle.
Sanria says 'This is my home... well, the entry at least.'
Sanria sighs lightly as she turns, looking at the crystals.

Ror looks around, studying the cavern

Sanria says 'I forget sometimes to take moments to look at what I have before me.'
Sanria smiles at you and gives a helpless shrug.
Sanria says 'I did not make it, nature did.'
Sanria says 'It's a nice place, I will agree.  If you are ever in need of anything when in this way, feel free to come by and ask.'

You say ' Either way, it's lovely.'
You nod at Sanria.
You say ' Will do.'

Sanria smiles a bit.
Sanria says 'I probably shouldn't keep you from your collecting.  Did you need anything else?'

You say ' Oh, it can wait. I mean... look at this '
Ror enthusiastically raises his arms
You say ' It's huge!'

Sanria chuckles a bit more.  Here... I'll even show you the airship cavern.
Sanria waves her hand again and heads east.
Sanria leaves east.


The Dark Crystal Cavern [SAFE] [A-SAFE]
This cavern is much more subdued than the last.  The crystals here sparkle only by the light brought in by visitors.  The ceiling of the cavern is high and coated with stalagtite encrusted crystals, while the bottom is quite free of corresponding stalagmites.  To the south of the cavern is a tall airship gas pump for any and all refueling needs.  The entire cavern seems to be wrapped in a cloak of silence, the only sound that of the light hum of crystals in vibrating unison.

Sanria says 'There she is... the Weave Traveller.'
Sanria gestures to the far end of the cavern with a smile.

You say ' "Weave Traveller"?'

Sanria says 'Aye... she cuts through the air with a speed unmatched.'
Sanria smiles over at you.
Sanria says 'Like magic.'

You say ' Fancy. I wish the TriPower had more ships like that.'

Sanria chuckles quietly.
Sanria says 'If many knew the power in the ship, I'm certain there would be a battalion out here to collect it from me. '
Sanria says 'She's taken me many places over the course of my years.'

You nod.

Sanria smiles contentedly.
Sanria looks over at you.
Sanria says 'These crystals have uses as well... if you wish to take a few, you may feel free to collect them.'
Sanria says 'A long gone friend of mine once used them to make communications crystals.  I don't know quite how he made it happen.'

You say ' I am not military, and it would be against my principles to invade people after sharing trust like this. So no worries, your secret is safe.'
You raise an eyebrow at the notion.
You say ' Communication crystals?'

Sanria smiles at you gratefully, then nods.
Sanria says 'Indeed.'
Sanria says 'You could carry one and have another in a different location.'
Sanria says 'You would speak into it and the other person would hear you, without telepathy.'

You say ' Oh! Handy. Would you mind if I'd pick two now for research?'

Sanria says 'Not at all.'
Sanria gestures to the cavern.
Sanria says 'But, he did other things as well to them to make them work.  If you discover what... I'd love to know.'
Sanria smiles at you.

Ror walks over to the cavern wall....it takes a while...seriously... and then he studies the crystals until he has found two he is satisfied with. Once done, he safely pockets them away in his pack.
You say ' My advances apologies for asking, but would this friend be Throm, the man you spoke of?'

Sanria says 'No... Icehawk was the name he went by.'
Sanria says 'Many... many years past.  Well before I met ... Throm.'

Ror scratches his chin

Sanria manages a smile and she looks off to the cavern walls.

You say ' I'll remember the name. That aside, these crystals are darker than the ones in the other cavern. Can they be used as well for such communication tricks, or are it just these special ones?'

Sanria looks back to you.
Sanria says 'Oh, it's merely the way the light is... they are all the same, but in case they are not, you may collect some from the first cavern.'
Sanria smiles and leads the way.
Sanria leaves west.

Ror is walking back, "Yes, yes, I am coming", he grins.
Ror walks west.
Ror finally caught up

Sanria chuckles and blushes.
Sanria says 'I'm sorry, I tend to walk quickly when my mind is spinning.'

You say ' Eh?'

Sanria waves a hand and shakes her head.
Sanria says 'Nothing, nothing.  Please, take a few from here as well.'
Sanria gestures to the expanse of the cavern.

You nod.
Ror points to the other end of the cave near the entrance and the waterfall
You say ' I'll be over there for sampling. Should you change your mind... feel free to talk to me. '

Sanria nods her acceptance.
Sanria says 'Not at all, please, be my guest.'

Ror moves over to the previously determined area and starts to work.

Sanria glances back toward the darker cavern.  She follows you for a few paces.
Sanria says 'I believe I will be in the forests, I still have a few more things to collect.'

Ror is happily humming to himself, and absent-mindedly nods

Sanria chuckles quietly and vanishes through the curtain of water.