Log: 18012013 - Ror and Sanria

OOC commentary: Ror gets to meet Nioma. Adorable!

Library [NOLOOT]
  This circular room has a roof at the top of the tree.  Shelves are
carved from the wood and stacked with books, tomes and scrolls.  Rails
are attached to the wall of the room and several ladders fastened to
them to enable people to reach the top shelves.  Many of the books
were collected in the past or copied over from the TriPower library.
Oddly, on a table the model of an airship is placed.  

[Exits: north west]   [Doors: none]
     A large, leather chair
     A small, leather chair
     A small table, piled with books and scrolls
Sanria is sitting on the chair.

Ror wanders into the library

Sanria sits in a chair with a book on herbals in her hand.
Sanria glances over at you.

You say ' Hi'

Sanria says 'Hello.'

You say ' I see you found some study material?'

Sanria closes her book with a small smile.  She runs a hand over the cover and nods.
Sanria says 'Yes.  One at least that I've not seen before.'

You nod.
You say ' Any good?'

Sanria stares at the cover of the book.
Sanria says 'I don't really know.  I wasn't fully paying attention, I guess.'
Sanria lets out a long sigh.

You say ' Anything else occupying your mind, I suppose?'

Sanria raps the cover of the book with a knuckle and finally looks over at you.

Sanria says 'I talked to my son and Colin yesterday when I was at the castle.  My son is quite unhappy with this situation.'

You nod.

Sanria says 'Colin still feels... well, he's very confused and not quite right in the head yet.'

You say ' As was expected'

Sanria stands up and walks to the shelf, putting the book away.
Sanria says 'Ror, I don't know if now is the right time for... us.'
Sanria lets her hand slide from the book as she turns to look at you from across the room.

You nod.

Sanria says 'I told Colin I wouldn't be back to see him anymore... but Orn... Leandra...'
Sanria walks over to you and takes one of your hands in hers.
Sanria says 'They may look like adults, but they aren't... not... quite.'

You say ' A children's wish is only to see his or her parents back together. So they probably are troubled both by the condition of their father as the decisions of their mother'

Sanria gives a nod to that.
Sanria says 'Yes.'
Sanria says 'I don't think it right of me to do this to them right now.'

You say ' I could form an opinion on that, but since that's between mother and her children, I think that adds little to solving the situation'
You smile happily.

Sanria says 'You are free to speak your mind.'
Sanria looks at you with concern.

You say ' Well, my own opinion would be as following: They might not be as adult as we'd wish them to be, they are and possibly have claimed responsibilities of adults, therefore they have no more right to criticize their mother as that they should respect '
You say ' her.'
You say ' After all they wish to be respected as well.'
You shrug.

Sanria nods again.
Sanria says 'It is the same thing I said to Orn, and he admitted that it was unfair of him to say such things, but he still couldn't help how he felt.'

You say ' But there's little my opinion adds to the situation. I can say this, but if reality is different, then my opinion will change little as it has no weight.'

Sanria looks at you with a frown.

You nod.

Sanria says 'Why do you feel you matter so little?'

You say ' I can wait if must be. I have no wish to blow up your relation with your children for it.'

Sanria looks off to the side.  She lets go of your hand and walks back to the chair, sitting down slowly.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Very well.'

Ror stands behind Sanria and massages her neck and shoulder

You say ' What do you want?'

Sanria sighs lightly, leaning into the massage.
Sanria says '*quietly*  I want people to be happy.'

You say ' Sounds good to me. Who do you give priority?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  I know I should answer myself, but in truth, my children.  I want the world to be right for them, much more so than it was and is for myself.'

You nod.
You say ' Ok, so you are a responsible parent. Very well. And after your children?'

Ror keeps the gentle massage going

Sanria says '*quietly*  Me.'

You say ' And after that?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  Well... that would depend.  You would be included in that "Me" portion... if you wanted to be.  Otherwise, it would be my clan.'

Ror kisses Sanria on the cheek, 'No worries. Just because I said that I can wait, does not mean I do NOT want to be with you. So you can count me with you, if *you* have no objections.'

Sanria says '*quietly*  No, I've no objections... but you can see how number one and number two are a bit at odds with one another.'
Sanria reaches up and lays her hand on yours.

You say ' Yes, I understand. Perhaps I should meet your children some time? So they can judge themselves?'

Sanria twists to look up at you with a smile.
Sanria says 'I think that would be a wonderful thing.'
Sanria stands up and rounds the chair, coming to face you.

You say ' Yes, but it will be very awkward for both them and me. But I figure it does not hurt.'
You say ' Better than second-hand stories'

Sanria says 'Indeed.  And, if things progress beyond what is currently between the two of us... you'll need to know them.'
Sanria says 'I don't come to the table alone.'
Sanria smiles lightly.

You say ' I think you already know how well I understand, considering I noticed you decorated the new playroom with some help.'

You say ' Small help I suppose'

Sanria looks down with a smile and nods.
Sanria says 'It's more of a bedroom now...'
Sanria says 'Somewhere for Nioma to sleep.'

You say ' I see... and the guest room has changed little... planning to move out of the guest room?'

Sanria says 'No.  Where else would I sleep?'
Sanria gives a small shrug.

Ror looks up innocently

Sanria says 'Unless it's the living room on a sofa.'

You say ' Ah, well you could sleep where I sleep?'

Sanria looks up at you, her mouth open slightly.
Sanria says '*quietly*  In the TriPower Library?'

Ror chuckles

Sanria smiles a bit and shakes her head.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Not until we figure this out.'

You say ' I bet you'd love that. No, I meant here at home. But I suppose you didn't find my bedroom yet?'

Sanria chuckles lightly.
Sanria says 'I've not visited your bedroom.  Not yet.'

You say ' The doors are hidden. It's quite a beautiful feat of the tree.'

Sanria says 'Perhaps when you wish it, you can show me.'

You nod.
You say ' But perhaps first I should improve relations with your offspring?'
You grin evilly.

Sanria chuckles and nods again.
Sanria says 'I think that might be best.'

You say ' So where is the little one, right now?'
Sanria says 'Asleep in her room.'
Sanria smiles happily.

You say ' Hm.'

Sanria says 'Though I believe she likes you well enough... she's not difficult.'

You say ' First to see, then to conclude'

Sanria chuckles.
Sanria says 'She's... well... two-ish.  It's the others you'll have to convince of your worthiness.'
Sanria smiles a bit.

You say ' I know. But a little practice would be nice. 1/3 liking you before starting the difficult part feels better than 0/3.'

Sanria smiles a bit more at that and gives a nod.
Sanria says 'Ror... you should know... that I have another child who doesn't speak with me and one that died long ago.'

You say ' Hm. '

Sanria says 'Tarran is a fully adult man, a banker in Westbridge as a matter of fact.'
Sanria says 'Emalia... she's been gone for a long time now.'

You say ' I see.'

Sanria looks at you.

You say ' Well, I guess I don't have to worry about THEIR opinions for the time being.'

Sanria smiles with a slight sadness and nods.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Indeed.'
Sanria says 'Would you like to wake Nioma or wait until she's up on her own?'

Ror puts his arms around Sanria, and gives her a kiss to cheer up a bit

You say ' I suppose you would prefer the latter. But either way is good for me?'
You say ' A sleeping child is bliss they say...'

Sanria chuckles and nods.
Sanria says 'She is bliss regardless.  Come, let's wake her.'
Sanria holds out her hand to you.

Ror takes Sanria's hand and follows her

A Repurposed Playroom [NOLOOT]
 
The former training room, once empty and cleaned, is now filled
with a myriad of wooden toys.  Some lay scattered on the floor
as though they have just recently been played with.  A crib is
set up, making this more of a bedroom than a playroom.  A small
dresser has been included in the space with a small stuffed
bunny that sits atop it, looking quite old but well cared for.

[Exits: north]   [Doors: none]
     A small, well dressed crib sits along the wall.
Sanria - Heart Cell is here.

Sanria walks into the room and releases your hand.  She moves to the crib and with a clearly practiced hand, lifts the little girl into her arms.

Ror leans forward and inspects the little sleeping bundle

Sanria *Nioma stirs a bit and sits up from her mother's arms, looking about herself sleepily.
Sanria smiles as she turns to allow Nioma to face you.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Nioma... this is Ror... Ror... Nioma.'

Ror smiles at Nioma

Sanria *Nioma rubs at her eyes and finally looks at you, her left cheek creased with the folds of her sheets.

Ror rubs with his finger over Nioma's creased cheek and keeps smiling

Sanria *Nioma gives a very tiny smile as he blue eyes lift from the fog of sleep.
Sanria says 'Nioma says ' Hi zor.'
Sanria says '*quietly*  Ror, can you say Ror?'

Ror quietly says, 'Hello Nioma, I am Ror.'

Sanria says 'Nioma says ' Zror have long hair.'

You say ' Hehe, yes, Ror does have long hair. Rrrrrorrrr.'

Ror grins

Sanria chuckles and offers Nioma to you.
Sanria *Nioma reaches out to you, eager to be held.
Sanria says 'Nioma says ' Rrrrrorrrrr-rrr.'

Ror puts his arms around Nioma and holds here

You say ' Oh! Very good, Nioma!'
You say ' Do you like long hair?'

Sanria *Nioma giggles and takes a handful of your hair in her hands, pulling it lightly to examine it.
Sanria watches the two of you with a small, wistful smile.

Sanria says 'I think she likes you just fine, you see?'

You nod.
You say ' So Nioma, do you want long hair as well?'

Sanria says 'Nioma says ' Preddy hair.  Nioma want preddy hair.'
Sanria *Nioma looks at you with a smile and suddenly, with exuberance, flings her arms around your neck, hugging you.

You say ' PreTTy hair. Well, if you don't cut your hair and let it grow for a LONG, LONG, time, you will have long and preTTy hair, just like Ror.'

Sanria chuckles.

Ror puts his hand on Nioma's back as a hug back
Ror puts his hand on Nioma's back as a hug back

Sanria *Nioma speaks from the crook of your neck, "My bunny..."

You say ' Hm?'

Sanria walks over to the table and lifts the small stuffed bunny.  She walks over and hands it to the little girl, who takes it gratefully.

You say ' Ah. Hello, Mr. Bunny! Does Mr. Bunny have a name as well, Nioma?'

Sanria *Nioma cuddles against you with her bunny in hand and lets out a sigh.  She seems to be settling once again into a sleepy state.
Sanria says 'Nioma says ' Misser Bunny.'

You say ' Mr. Bunny is called Mr. Bunny? Oh how nice!'

Sanria smiles gently at the two of you.  She walks back to the crib and turns back the blankets.
Sanria *Nioma yawns and closes her eyes.

Ror gently moves forward to the crib and places Nioma in it, holding her head, placing it gently down
Ror puts the blankets over Nioma and gives her a kiss on her head

Sanria smiles at you.

You say ' Goodnight Nioma! Goodnight Mr. Bunny!'

Sanria says '*quietly*  She likes you.  Quite a bit, it seems.'
Sanria *Nioma smiles as she drifts off to sleep, cuddling her stuffed bunny close.

You say ' Glad to hear that.'
You smile happily.

Sanria gives a nod.
Sanria says 'One down...'

Ror whispers, 'Sooo... passed with flying colors?'

Sanria looks over at you with a soft smile on her face.  She nods.

Ror whispers, 'Right, two more to go.'

Sanria says '*quietly*  I'm afraid those won't go so easily... '
Sanria sighs very lightly.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Perhaps tomorrow we can arrange for you to meet one of them.'

You shrug.
You say ' I'll do my best'

Sanria smiles at you.
Sanria says '*quietly*  I know you will.'
Sanria takes you hand and walks from the room with you.

Star Observatory [NOLOOT]
  A balcony built upon a broad branch overlooks the forest.  Ropes
tied to a higher branch have turned a legless couch into a two person
swing.  A telescope stands in the corner, while a chart mapping the
constellations in the night's sky is framed behind it.  

[Exits: west]   [Doors: none]
     A two-persons couch used as swing
Sanria - Heart Cell is here.

Sanria walks over to the couch and sits down, staring skyward with a sigh.

Ror sits down next to Sanria

Sanria says 'So when do you go back to do more of your research?'

You say ' Hm?'
You say ' How do you mean that?'

Sanria looks over at you.
Sanria says 'When will you go back to the library?'

You say ' Not now...?'

Sanria says 'You seem to have been... spending more time here than I thought you did.'
Sanria smiles a bit.

You say ' Ah'
You say ' A good or bad thing?'

Sanria chuckles and grins.
Sanria says 'I don't mind.  I just don't want to be what is keeping you from your studies.'

You say ' Personally, I thought it was good that I let it go for a while. Considering I practically lived their for months. Sometimes not even going outside for weeks...'

Sanria raises her eyebrow.
Sanria says 'Months?  Weeks?  Really?'

You say ' Lots of books don't read themselves you know'

Sanria says 'Well, I would assume that you'd take your books and read them outside... a pleasing past time is sitting beneath a tree and reading to your heart's content...'

You say ' Strict library rules didn't allow that. But as you know, copies find there way here. So once I have read it all, I can revision and read here all I want.'

Sanria says 'I should bring you some books from the castle... I even wrote one.'
Sanria smiles a bit.

You say ' Really?'

Sanria says 'Yes.'

Ror is genuinely interested

You say ' What is it about?'

Sanria says 'Tea... and one on speaking to trees...  would you like me to get you a copy?'

You nod at Sanria.

Sanria stands up and nods.

You say ' And I'd love to read the books from the library of the castle'

Sanria says 'It's a nice library.  Wait here, however... let me get those books for you.'

You nod.

Sanria says 'I'll be right back.'

Ror leans back

Sanria utters a word and vanishes!
Sanria has arrived.
Sanria appears once more, two books in hand.  She walks over, giving them to you.
Sanria gives you a book entitled: "Understanding Trees".
Sanria gives you a book entitled: "Mastering Tea".

You say ' Welcome back'

Sanria says 'Thank you.  I had to sneak those out you know.'

Ror thanks Sanria and interestingly starts to read the books

Sanria grins and plops down beside you.

Ror finishes the first book and starts on the second

Sanria smiles as she watches you read.

Ror closes the second book and smiles happily
You say ' That was great!'

Sanria chuckles a bit.

Ror hugs Sanria, 'Thank you!'

Sanria says 'I'm glad you like them.'

You say ' Can I keep them?'

Sanria returns the hug and smiles.  She pulls back and nods.
Sanria says 'My gift to you.'

You smile happily.
You say ' Ah, I sadly have no gift to return...'

Sanria says 'It's fine.  I don't need anything but a kind person to share time with.'
Sanria taps her chin.
Sanria says 'Could you find me one of those?'

You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.
You say ' Nope'
You say ' You already have one, not?'

Sanria snaps her fingers.

You wink suggestively at Sanria.

Sanria chuckles and nudges you.

You put a book entitled: "Mastering Tea" in a Tripower pack.
You put a book entitled: "Understanding Trees" in a Tripower pack.

Sanria says 'I'm sure you already know all about the trees, anyway.'

You say ' Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading it'

Sanria gives a nod.
Sanria says 'Good.'

Ror swings with his legs, making the couch swing back and forth a bit

Sanria leans back and looks skyward again.
Sanria says 'Ror... have you spoken with Thasmudyan yet?'

You say ' Alas, not yet'

Sanria stares up at the stars as she nods.
Sanria says 'I'm worried that he's going to continue hiding away.'

You say ' Why does that worry you?'

Sanria says 'I've never seen him like that, honestly.'
Sanria says 'He is Nioma's father, you know.'

You say ' And what is 'like that' exactly, if I may ask?'
You nod.

Sanria glances over at you but continues.
Sanria says 'Afraid.'

You say ' Of the TriPower?'

Sanria says 'I don't know what they did to him... but it had to have been horrible.'

You nod.

Sanria nods.

You say ' I will talk to him. And then we'll see what happens next. '

Sanria nods once again and gets to her feet.
Sanria says 'On that note... I think it's best for me to get some sleep.  Tomorrow... will likely be a long day.'