Log: 19012013 - Ror and Orn

OOC commentary:  Finally Ror and Orn meet! Well, that didn't go *THAT* bad did it? Interestingly, Ror seems to relate to the strider life. The Ice Cream Parlor as setting was a good pick considering what had to be discussed.
 
                                     south                                   
                                   ?UNKNOWN?                                  
Devlim's Ice Cream Parlor [NOLOOT]
 
Frosty and cool, this shop serves one of the most delicious
treats in the realms, ice cream!  Its walls are decorated
with murals depicting rilmani youth sitting on unicorns and
sliding down rainbows,and even cascading down the waterfall
of the island.  Tables and chairs sit in the shop, and at
the back is a case with a selection of ice cream, kept cool
with the aid of magic.

[Exits: south]   [Doors: none]
     Several tables sit here, each with two chairs.
Sanria - Heart Cell is here.
A short, plump woman with a jolly demeanor stands behind the case.

You buy a strawberry scoop of ice cream on a cone for 100 silver.

Ror says to Sanria, 'Mint, grape, strawberry, vanilla or chocolate?'

Sanria says 'Mint, if you don't mind.'
Sanria smiles at you.

You say ' Not at all, I won't be eating it after all!'
You buy a mint scoop of ice cream on a cone for 100 silver.
You give a mint scoop of ice cream on a cone to Sanria.

Sanria smiles happily.

Ror chose strawberry for himself just a moment ago anyway and sits back down at the table, tasting the icecream

Sanria says 'Thank you.'
Sanria walks to the table and sits, licking the mint scoop with apparent relish and a giant smile.

You say ' Pretty good icecream'

Sanria says 'Devlim is so good at this.  She knows just how to make the perfect ice cream.'
Sanria nods in enthusiastic agreement with you.

You nod in enthusiastic agreement with Sanria.

Sanria says 'So... are you nervous?'
Sanria looks at you from across the table with a small smile.

You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.
You say ' I think I enjoy the distraction of the icecream, yes.'

Sanria chuckles and leans back in the chair.
Sanria says 'There is a pawn shop in this little town and a wedding attire place.'

Ror licks from his strawberry icecream

Sanria says 'Very small town.'

Orn enters the shop, followed closely by his very large bear, Reggie.  Reggie looks about protectively.

You say ' Hm, so it's a miniature town?'

Sanria gives a nod, then looks up to see Orn.  She frowns at Reggie.
Sanria sighs.

Ror greets Orn and the bear

Orn spots Sanria, and the person he assumes is you.

Sanria stands up from the table and gestures to Orn.

Orn walks over to the two of you, followed very closely by Reggie.

Sanria says 'Ror, this is my son, Orn, Orn, this is Ror.'
Sanria puts her hands on her hips as she looks at Reggie.

Ror stands up and extends his hand to Orn to greet him

Orn give Sanria a small hug of greeting.

Sanria says 'Reggie, it's not necessary for you to be  here.'

Orn looks you over.
Orn shakes your hand.
Orn says ' Uh, hi.'

You smile at him.
You say ' Hi'

Orn - Reggie eyes you cooly.

Sanria looks at Orn.

You say ' I have no problems with the bear being present, in fact, I spend most of my young adulesence with one.'

Orn says ' Mom, Reggie wanted to come.'

Sanria rolls her eyes skyward and shakes her head with a shrug.
Sanria says 'Alright.  Orn, would you like an ice cream?'

Ror says to Orn, 'They've got mint, grape, strawberry, vanilla or chocolate?'

Orn - Reggie takes a seat near the table, fixing you with a stare the whole time.
Orn shakes his head with a small shrug.
Orn says ' No, that's ok.  I don't feel like any.'

You nod.
You say ' Fair enough'

Sanria says 'Alright.  Come, join us.'

Ror sits back down at the table

Sanria walks to the table and takes her seat again, pulling out a chair for Orn.

Orn lets out an almost imperceptible sigh and takes the offered seat beside Sanria.
Orn looks across the table at you.
Orn says ' So... you're Ror.'

You nod.

Sanria smiles a bit at looks between the two of you.
Sanria says 'Ror is with TriPower.'

Orn nods slowly.
Orn says ' Yeah?  So, uh, what do you do for them?'

You say ' Hence the outfit. '

Orn is obviously forcing himself to make small talk.

Sanria licks the mint scoop, trying not to interrupt.

You say ' Ah, I occupy their library for them. Mostly spend my days researching and studying there until I complete my sage training.'

Orn says ' Sage training?'
Orn raises an eyebrow as he looks you over once more.

You say ' Like a druid, but with a broader interest in things'

Sanria smiles a bit as she finishes her ice cream.
Sanria eats a mint scoop of ice cream on a cone.

Orn says ' You don't exactly look like a sage.'

You eat a strawberry scoop of ice cream on a cone.
You say ' Because of the uniform you mean?'

Orn says ' Well, yeah.'

You nod.

Orn says ' I guess you must get out of the library sometimes.'

Sanria smiles a bit at that.

Orn indicates your tanned skin.

You say ' TriPower officers are expected to wear an uniform. So I usually wear this. '

Sanria says 'He didn't meet me in a library.'

You say ' Ah, no I was born with that one actually. I think I paled the last few months...'

Orn simply nods.
Orn glances to Sanria.
Orn says ' So, uh, how did you guys meet?'

Sanria says 'Well, Ror was looking for herbs at the same time I was.  It was some time ago, in front of the cavern, actually.'

Orn shifts a bit in his seat as Reggies continues to fix you with a stare from beside the table.

You nod in enthusiastic agreement with Sanria.

Sanria smiles in your direction.
Sanria says 'Ror took a few of our crystals home with him.'

Orn looks back over to you.

Ror explains, 'Research. The cave with the crystals impressed me.'

Orn says ' Yeah, it's nice...'
Orn looks down at the table, falling a bit quiet.

Sanria says 'Some time after that we met again.'

Ror nudges Orn's bear, 'Reggie's his name?'

Orn - Reggiee seems to narrow his eyes at the nudge and Orn gives him a quick look and shakes his head at the bear.
Orn looks to you.
Orn says ' Uh, yeah, that's Reggie.'
Orn says ' He's been my friend since I was a kid.'

Sanria runs a hand through her hair and takes in a deep, and silent, calming breath.

Ror says to Reggie, 'No worries, I have no intention to harm anyone.'

You smile at him.

Orn - Reggie takes in a breath and snorts it out his nose, still staring at you.

You say ' I remember my first bear. I was 10? No, 8 years old'

Ror smiles to himself as he thinks of it
You say ' Best friend I ever had'

Orn looks at you with some interest.
Orn looks at you with some interest.
Orn says ' Really?  You've had a bear friend?'

You say ' Yes. I grew up on the streets of Westbridge, and as I had no mother or father, I was forced to make a living for myself. Eventually the ranger guild took me in. '

Sanria smiles a bit.

Orn 's eyes widen a bit with a sudden realization.

Devlim comes back from the back room and pauses with her eyebrow raised, looking at Reggie.  She shakes her head and starts wiping down the counters.

Orn says ' Um... you can't... uh, you can't understand bears, like tlak to them, right?'

Sanria looks over at Devlim for a moment.  She stands up and walks to the woman, whispering to her.
Sanria says '*whispers* I'm sorry, Reggie insisted on coming with my son.'

Orn glances nervously from Reggie to you.

Devlim says ' Quite alright, he won't leave a mess, will he?

Sanria says 'No... no he won't.  I'll be sure of it.'

You say ' You need to bond with your bear to talk to them.'

Devlim nods her head and smiles.

You say ' My friend passed away a long time ago.'

Devlim says ' Very well.

Ror looks genuinely sad

Orn gives a somewhat relieved smile.

Sanria walks back to the table and sits.

Orn says ' Oh, uh, sorry to hear that.  You know, I can talk to all animals?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  And trees.  Orn has talent.'

Orn blushes a bit and nods.

You say ' Really? That is a wonderful skill indeed! Were you born with it or did you learn as you grew up?'

Sanria smiles at Orn.

Orn says ' Oh, I've always been able to.  I used to talk with mom through the trees when I was really little.'
Orn looks at Sanria and gives a wistful smile.

Ror listens and nods at Orn

Sanria smiles a bit more warmly and pats Orn's arm affectionately.
Sanria says 'Before he could actually talk.'

Orn says ' There was one time... when my Dad disappeared.  I talked to the trees and found where he went.  My mom and I rescued him.'
Orn looks down to the table, his face falling a bit.
Orn says '*quietly* I can't believe I remember that...'

Sanria retains her smile as she nods.
Sanria says '*quietly*  Good memory.'

You say ' Well, that sounds like a job well done to me!'

Orn looks up to you with a bit of a frown.
Orn says ' Yeah.  You know, my dad's staying here, on the Keeper's grounds.'

You nod.
You say ' I heard. How is he?'

Orn 's face grows tight.
Orn says ' Not so well.  Things have been.. difficult.'

Ror nods at Orn

You say ' I honestly hope he will have a good recovery'

Orn gives a small sigh and Reggie gives another snort.

Sanria looks over at Orn, then to the walls, eyeing the murals.

Orn says ' Yeah...'

Sanria says 'I've told Ror about your father.'
Sanria looks back to Orn.
Sanria says 'He's aware of what is happening.'

Orn glances to Sanria.

Ror nods, his eyes closed

Orn says ' Yeah... of everything?'

Sanria gives a nod.
Sanria says 'Of everything.'

Orn looks back to you.
Orn says ' Then... I don't understand.'
Orn gives a frustrated sigh.

Sanria tilts her head a bit.

You say ' No worries, can you tell me what you do not understand?'

Orn says ' What you guys are doing.'
Orn frowns.
Orn looks between Sanria and you.

Sanria sighs and shakes her head lightly as she looks to the table.

Orn says ' I mean, he's here, he needs help.'

Sanria says '*quietly*  Oh Orn...'

Orn says ' And you two are spending all this time off togther.'

You say ' No Sanria, it is alright, let Orn speak out his mind'

Orn crosses his arms as Reggie seems to nod in agreement.
Orn looks to Sanria.
Orn says ' I mean, up to a few days ago you still wore your wedding ring Mom.'
Orn says ' And then Dod comes back, and just cause he doesn't remember us it's all over and now you're staying with Ror.'

Sanria looks at Orn.  It is obvious she is holding her anger in check as she speaks in measured tones.
Sanria says 'You don't have a marriage with one person, Orn.  No matter what you may feel.'

Orn says ' But it's not like he doesn't want to know you.  But you aren't letting it even have a chance.'

Ror eats the last of his icecream

Orn says ' If anything, from what I hear from the Rilmani, you're about the onlyone he trusts anymore.'
Orn looks back to you.
Orn says ' Did you know that?'

Sanria flexes her jaw for a moment.

Orn 's frustration it completely apparent now

Sanria says 'Orn.  None of this is Ror's fault or responsibility.  Please, be respectful.'

You say ' Yes, I do believe I heard such a thing. But I also heard that the Rilmani requested everyone to stay away from your father to not inflict any damage on him while he healed. Something which has been repeatedly violated as I take it.'

Orn frowns.
Orn looks between Sanria and you.

Sanria sighs and shakes her head lightly as she looks to the table.

Orn says ' I mean, he's here, he needs help.'

Sanria says '*quietly*  Oh Orn...'

Orn says ' And you two are spending all this time off togther.'

You say ' No Sanria, it is alright, let Orn speak out his mind'

Orn crosses his arms as Reggie seems to nod in agreement.
Orn looks to Sanria.
Orn says ' I mean, up to a few days ago you still wore your wedding ring Mom.'
Orn says ' And then Dod comes back, and just cause he doesn't remember us it's all over and now you're staying with Ror.'

Sanria looks at Orn.  It is obvious she is holding her anger in check as she speaks in measured tones.
Sanria says 'You don't have a marriage with one person, Orn.  No matter what you may feel.'

Orn says ' But it's not like he doesn't want to know you.  But you aren't letting it even have a chance.'

Ror eats the last of his icecream

Orn says ' If anything, from what I hear from the Rilmani, you're about the onlyone he trusts anymore.'
Orn looks back to you.
Orn says ' Did you know that?'

Sanria flexes her jaw for a moment.

Orn 's frustration it completely apparent now

Sanria says 'Orn.  None of this is Ror's fault or responsibility.  Please, be respectful.'

You say ' Yes, I do believe I heard such a thing. But I also heard that the Rilmani requested everyone to stay away from your father to not inflict any damage on him while he healed. Something which has been repeatedly violated as I take it.'

Orn frowns.
Orn says ' Yeah, well what's done is done.  And it's not like the Rilmani always know everything.'
Orn says ' And...'
Orn says ' I don't think they meant to stay away and go start another family somewhere else.'
Orn looks frustratedly at Sanria.

Sanria turns to look at Orn pointedly.
Sanria says 'That is enough.  Orn, you have stepped over your bounds.'

Orn looks down to the table, realizing he may have overstepped.

Sanria says 'I haven't done anything other than find someone who cares about me.'

Orn sighs.

Sanria says 'Someone I happen to care for as well.'

Orn says '*quietly* Dad cares about you, doesn't he?'

Sanria says 'Orn, your father is sick.  And we don't know if he's ever going to be well thanks to your sister's input and my own.'
Sanria sighs deeply, hoping Orn will understand.

Ror wisely does not comment for now

Orn says '*quietly* So you just give him up... toss him away?'
Orn shakes his head sadly.

Sanria looks up at you, frowning lightly, shaking her head with embarrassment.  She looks to the table and lets out a long sigh.

Orn says ' No, look... I'm sure you're a great guy Ror... but, I just don't agree with what you guys are doing... not with my Dad right here.'

Sanria says 'What would you have me do, Orn?  Just give up on my own feelings and thoughts and emotions and wait on your father?'

Orn looks over to Sanria and it's apparent at first that that's basically exactly what he would want,.  he looks down.

Orn says '*quietly* No...'

Sanria says 'If it were up to you and Leandra I'd do nothing but lay at your father's feet no matter what.'
Sanria pushes up from the table, shaking her head.

You say ' If anyone wants to hear my opinion'

Orn says '*quietly* No... it's not...'
Orn looks up at you with a small nod.

You say ' Thank you'

Sanria walks away from the table a couple of paces, her back to the group.

You say ' I think love if anything is the most important drive in life. And if you love someone, you can truly be very happy. If you do not love someone, then you can truly become unhappy. Especially when trapped in a marriage. Love cannot be switched on or'
You say ' off at will, and if anything the relationship between your mother and your father is something between them.'
You say ' Although I have no doubt, Orn, that they both love you very much. Regardless of whether they will be in the future together or not'

Orn frowns lightly, taking in your words.
Orn looks toward Sanria.

Sanria keeps her back turned, her head lowered.  She says nothing.

Orn says '*quietly* Mom... do you still love Dad?'

Sanria speaks only loud enough to just be heard.  "Yes."

Orn looks down toward the floor.
Orn says '*quietly* ... do you love Ror?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  I'm growing to that point quite rapidly.'

Orn turns back toward you.
Orn says '*quietly* And you, Ror?'
Orn says '*quietly* Do you love my Mom?'

You say ' Yes.'
You say ' Hence, why I am here'

Orn gives a thoughtful sigh and looks down to the table top.

Sanria finally manages to turn back around and resumes her seat at the table.

Orn says '*quietly* So, tell me... what is someone supposed to do in this situation?'

You say ' Do you want the truthful answer?'

Orn looks p at you.
Orn says ' Well I don't want you to lie to me.'

You nod.
You say ' Despite all our years of experience as adults, we don't know'

Orn gives a slow sigh and a nod.
Orn says '*quietly* ...yeah.'
Orn looks over to Sanria.

Sanria says 'Orn...'

Orn says ' ...Mom.'

Sanria says 'The one fact in all of this... and it is a fact... is that your father doesn't love me anymore.  He doesn't know me enough to still hold that emotion.'
Sanria says 'He doesn't know me, Orn.  No matter what... that is a simple fact.'

Orn 's brow furrows at this and he closes his eyes, tears threatening to form as he realizes this is true.
Orn says '*quietly* I just want...'

Sanria says 'Do you know how much it hurts to look into the face of someone you love and see nothing there?  To hear that you are a "nice person?"'

Orn says '*quietly* But... what if he could again?'

Sanria looks at Orn, her face soft and gentle as she frowns.

Orn looks at Sanria with almost desperate hope.
Orn says '*quietly* What if he doesn't get that chance because you're with Ror?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  Then he will likely find someone that he can love.'
Sanria says '*quietly*  I'm sorry, Orn.  I truly am.'

Orn nods slowly.
Orn looks over to you.

You say ' There is neither shame in wishing ones parents together, nor to see them happily apart'
You say ' That is I fear all the wisdom I have'

Orn says ' I'm sorry Ror... really.  I know I shouldn't tell you guys what to do...'
Orn sighs.

Ror smiles at Orn, and says, 'It is alright, I have no hard feelings towards you. And as I said before, I honestly hope your father will have a good recovery.'

Orn nods.
Orn says '*quietly* Yeah... thanks.  And I don't hate you.'

Ror smiles happily

Sanria looks up at you.

Orn says '*quietly* This just isn't how I thought things would be once my Dad came back.'

Sanria says '*whispers* Neither did I.'

You say ' Now then! On a more cheerful note, do you believe it is possible for me to befriend Reggie if I offer him a delicious cookie? I recall my own bear used to love them.'

Orn looks over to Sanria and takes Sanria's hand in his.
Orn looks to you with some alarm.
Orn says ' Oh, uh.... maybe you should give reggie some time.'
Orn glances to Reggie who still stares cooly at you.

You say ' Hm, fair enough. '

Sanria squeezes Orn's hand and releases it.  She stands up.

Orn gives you a nervous chuckle and glances to Reggie again.
Orn looks to you.

You say ' I guess I'll live under the cold stares for a little longer then'

Ror chuckles a bit

Orn says ' You... haven't met my sister, huh?'

You say ' Which one?'

Sanria says '*quietly*  The one who is going to eat you alive.'

Orn says ' Oh, uh, Leandra.'

You say ' Not yet'

Orn says ' Yeah... if you think Reggie's stares are bad.'

Sanria sighs and frown.  Her shoulders slump ever so slightly as she shakes her head.

You say ' Saving the best for last, as they say'

Orn gives a grimace.

You say ' Hehe, well I am not going to back down now. '

Orn tilts his head and looks at you with a bit of admiration.
Orn says ' Well, ok.'

Sanria says 'If the two of you don't mind, I'm going to excuse myself.  I think... I need a bit of time alone.'

You nod at Sanria.

Orn says ' Oh, yeah, uh.  Well, I should probably go talk to Reggie.  We need to train anyway.'

You nod.
You say ' Good luck'

Orn gets quickly up from hsi seat, pushing the chair in.

Sanria manages to keep whatever emotions she may be feeling well hidden behind a mask of stoicism.

Orn nods to you.

Sanria says '*quietly*  Ror, I'll be home later.'

Orn says ' Thanks... and, sorry again.'
Orn says ' This is just... difficult.  You know.'

Ror smiles and nods

You say ' I know.'

Orn nods slowly before turning to Sanria.

Sanria looks at Orn.  She only manages a nod.

Orn says '*quietly* I wish I could be better about this.'
Orn looks at Sanria apologetically.

Ror stands up as well, pushing the chair back to the table

Sanria looks away as she utters a few words and vanishes.

Orn sighs sadly, dropping his head.
Orn says '*quietly* ... ok then.'

You say ' No worry, I'll keep an eye on her. Go train'

Orn glances to you with a small nod.
Orn says '*quietly* Just, please... be sure you think this is right.'

Ror mulls on that

Orn turns to head for the door but Reggie stays staring at you.
Orn looks back at the bear.

You say ' I have honestly no idea. But I offer your mother all the strength, love and balance she needs right now. And whatever will happen in the future, for the time being, I think I am doing the right thing'

Orn glances to you and after a moment, gives a nod.
Orn says ' ...ok.'

You say ' I better get going, see you around'
You wink.

Orn looks to Reggie.

Ror vanishes as well

Orn says ' Reggie, come on.'
Orn leaves with Reggie.