To love or not to love?

It was to late the damage had been done.  Pheniox knew he could never talk again.  The whip had hit him right square in the face removing his chance to speak, a chance to beg for forgiveness, for he felt the pain and suffering of what he has done in the past.  He thought for just a moment "what will i become?"  Then the moment ended and he came back to reality.  The being cursed.  The whips went back into their sheathe to breathe light another day.  Slowly the priest moved torwards me.  I could not move.  A look of defeat laid apon on the battle field.  I wanted to tell this being the reason I came here. But I couldn't speak.  I wanted to tell her my true feelings of love and romance and all of these things I didn't know.  I've truly never been in love but with the enemy of heart how could this be!