Telling the Truth

A diary entry left open upon a small white table:

I am fairly certain he wanted to kill me.  Yes.  Fairly certain of that fact.  Perhaps it is  good I am linked to Sanria and Colin no longer has black makou in him.  Perhaps it is due to the fact thathe  looked utterly exhausted.  I know  not.  He was at the castle,  easy enough  to get into his room  using arcane  methods to bypass  some of the defensive  features.  I simply couldn't keep the farce going any longer... the lie has been eating at my soul.

I went to  Sanria first and she  looked at me  as though I were on fire.  She asked me what was wrong with me, then looked at me with pity.  Me!  As  though I am the  one that is  pitiful.  ...  Alas,  perhaps even this is correct.

I no  longer know.  I realize doing this may jeopardize things for


Gilean and Sanria.  Though after seeing Colin so dejected, perhaps this has broken him enough that he will not seek to recover Sanria.

I begged him to leave them  alone - his only reply was to demand I leave.  I  know I have damned  you, Lady Sune, but  if you are out  there, somewhere, take from  me my apologies.  I have  reached the end of my  meddling in love.  I will remain here, in this room, my companions my  books and studies  until I wither and collapse into dust.