Dinner

His eyes bulged and he could feel the rage that coursed through him electrify and ignite.  Only the calm he forced on himself kept him from turning into the beast and ripping the table asunder.  He glared at Claire, then felt the icy blue eyes of Eladrim on his face.  "Is this true?" Eladrim asked.
"Now, dear, you don't mean all of that, do you?" Seranfrit coddled, patting Claire's hand.
"I mean it all," Claire answered, finally looking at him.  He wanted to kill her.
"Children," Ruthivan said, measuring his patience.
"Take your food to your rooms."
"But father," Celiara whined and was silenced by the glare from under his brows. 
"Go.  Now."

Ruthivan gripped the sides of the table and forced himself to look at Eladrim.  "I had to knock a bout of sense into her, that is all."
"And I'm your prisoner in this house," Claire added.
"You are being kept safe," he said.
"I want out.  I want out now."
"Ruthivan, you knew my rule.  If Claire was not in agreement with this arrangement, you would have to set her free."

He couldn't contain it, and he felt the change ripple over him.  He was the beast, he was beyond any soothing or consoling.  He let out a roar in Eladrim's face, his clawed fists clenched.  "I will not let you take my family from me.  They are mine!"

Eladrim stood calmly, closing his eyes and bowing his head.  Suddenly, he exhaled, frost flowing from his mouth and over Ruthivan, freezing him in place.  Ruthivan could see out of his prison, he could hear the conversation, but he could not move or fight against the superior magic that held him fast.