Discussions

 Eladrim sat down and sighed deeply. He turned to look at Claire.  "You say he hit you?"
'Yes, father.  And I can do no magic, I can't be freed of this place.  I can't get out.'
"Claire," Seranfrit commanded.  "This is ridiculous.  You  need to settle  down and you finally have.  This is your life!"
'Then why  don't you have it, mother?  Honestly, I don't know why you don't have more children. I am a  litter mother to  a brood of children, why not you?'

Claire  watched her mother  struggling to formulate  words, her mouth working like a fish.  She turned her attention on her  father.  "Please, I don't want to be here, father.  I will go wherever you  ask of me, but not with him.  Break the bond, absolve me of this misery!"
"And what of your children?" Eladrim asked.
'Take them, take them from him and his racist and ignorant teachings.  Don't let them become him.'
"You don't want your own children?" Seranfrit hissed with disgust.
'You  don't want me, mother, unless  its on your own terms.  If I could take my children from him and not have to endure his presence I would, but something  tells me that if I take them, I would never see peace.'

Claire stared at the frozen beast that hulked in the kitchen.  She could hear the low growls from under the frost.  "I am willing to let them grow up in the tribe, if you'll have them, full blood Espers.  I can't do this, father.  Please."

Eladrim  sighed  deeply  and finally nodded.  "I will seek out the wise ones to see if we can free you of the bond.  In the meantime, we will bring you and the children into the tribe."
"You can't be serious," Seranfrit spat.
"I will  not have  this man harm -our- daughter. Will you?"

Fish mouth  worked and Claire's eyes filled with tears.  'Thank you, father.  Thank you.'

Eladrim rose  and walked to the icy Ruthivan who growled and whimpered in his shell of frost.  He stared for a long moment. "I know you have heard all  of this, Ruthivan.  You  will  be separated from my daughter as soon as we find the wise ones. You will not have your children, you will not be part of the tribe. You will not have Claire.  In fact, you would best serve yourself by returning to your home and your mother."

Claire gasped  as  the  frost  began to melt and crack. With a roar, Ruthivan broke his bonds and drove his entire fist into Eladrim's stomach. He ripped his hand  back out, entrails flowing over his  hand.  Claire didn't hear her own screaming as her father dropped to the floor, shocked as he exhaled his last breath and died.  She only knew that in a moment, her mother was running for her life, and Claire was face to snout with Ruthivan.

"You  will never  leave and  above all, you will never take my children.  If you try, I will kill you."