Log: 29092013 - Ror and Pika

OOC commentary: Still Pika doesn't know who Ror exactly is. The punk. *g* 


Ror returns to the orphanage after three days of absence
Ror pushes the door open and steps inside, looking around

Pika is nowhere in sight and neither are the kids. A scream of fear is heard from somewhere in the back of the orphanage, one of the bedrooms.

Ror raises his eyebrow, then walks to the back of the orphanage. His heavy boots tapping on the wooden floor.

Pika is standing in the middle of the bedroom a broomstick in hand, posing galantly as he tells a story to a room full of children. Dark covers are hung over the windows and candles are lit to set a mood.
Pika says 'And down the soldier went as another tore the girl away, ripping her cloak and galloping away on horses! We ran after them on foot, but they were too fast!'

Ror stops in the door opening, leans against the post and listens to Pika with his arms crossed.

Pika says 'Soldiers jumped out at my sister and I lept across the road, slicing one of their throats clean across!
Blood was everwhere!'

Pika turns in a grand motion, flinging out the broomstick in a sweeping motion across the 'crowd'. His eyes look at each one of them in turn, until they fall on the figure at the door. He falters for a moment before he makes a short end to his story.
Pika says 'And that's all you get for today. If you're good and don't make me clean up anything maybe I'll tell you about how we stormed into their town on a rescue mission!'

Ror claps

You say ' Now children, always clap after a performance if you think it was good.'

Pika curiously looks to the children as if wondering if they would clap. Most of them do, except for one frightened looking girl of a younger age. Pika takes note with a bit of a frown but turns away to take the covers off the window.
Pika says 'You should all go raid the kitchen. I thought I smelled cookies. BUT SAVE ME ONE this time damnit!'

Ror steps aside as a horde of children move their way through the door opening and towards the kitchens.
You say ' I see none of them keeled over and died yet while you were in charge. Well done. How's things going?'

Pika watches the children scamper off after the mentioned cookies and turns to you, broomstick and cover in hand.
Pika says 'Well i didn't injure any of them. I thought about it with one of them!'

You say ' Figured out what's to be seen in the South yet?'

Pika blinks a couple of times before turning away to blow out the candles, taking that moment to consider his words perhaps.
Pika says 'I took em all up there with me this morning... Figured maybe they could see something I couldn't...'
Pika says 'This one... the one I considered giving a swift kick in the ass... She asked me if i was blind and couldn't see for myself. She's trouble, you know...'

You chuckle politely.

Pika says 'Then one of the young girls. Jessica I think her name is Jessica. She told me maybe I should open my eyes.'
Pika mutters something quietly to himself.
Pika says 'Anyways... So I said maybe we should all CLOSE our eyes. Really I was thinking about pushing them all off. I'm joking, before you take that seriously, but that's not the point.'
Pika says 'We closed our eyes and I asked them what they wished was out there.'
Pika says 'They all said silly things, like fields of candy and cookies and toys. Except one. Miss smart mouth.'
Pika says 'She said she wished she saw a home and a family.'

You say ' Touching.'

Pika says 'Yeah, well. You'll love this next over emotional part then.'
Pika smirks.

You wait patiently.

Pika says 'I told her open her eyes and look again. There was a whole world to call home and everyone in it was family because they were all part of the same thing, our nation, our kingdom, our family, and everything she saw WAS her home.'
Pika says 'So she had a good cry and all of them kind of hugged. One of the boys, he asked me if it was my home.'
Pika says 'So maybe I answered a little technical. Maybe thats what you were asking.'

You say ' So then, what is in the South?'

Pika says 'Well obviously it's trees and land and homes and towns and mountains...'
Pika grins evilly.
Pika says 'I'm joking, I'm joking!'

You chuckle politely.

Pika says 'Less literaly, I see what I came from. I see what my family fought to protect. I see... Well I see my home, my life, my family.'

You say ' So then, why do you wish to join the Tripower?'

Pika says 'Because the Tripower is where I belong. I want to keep that home and family safe, just like my mother and father did. Just like they always planned for us... Me...'

Ror grunts

You say ' Finally, something sensible comes out that mouth of yours, punk. But you better start taking things more seriously. If you want to protect something, you will have to take responsibility.'
You say ' This job here is peanuts compared to the work for Tripower.'

Pika says 'I know you see me as a punk, and I might be stubborn and all but I work hard. You'll see.'

You say ' I expect so. You're free to submit your application.'

Ror turns and walks back to the door opening
Ror looks down at the smart-mouth girl standing there
You say ' Keep an eye on him, will you?'
Ror walks to the exit of the orphanage, while the girl says, 'Yes, Lord Surion.'

Pika watches you walk out and watches the interaction between the two. He grumbles a bit at the words and gives a glare, almost of challenge to the girl. He then remembers where he is and hollars out for you.
Pika says 'Wait hang on what about the kids??'

Ror stops and turns at the outside door
You say ' As I said, they are your responsibility.'
You say ' Do try to keep them alive without keeping them devoid of education, please'

Pika quickly paces down the hallway after you, stopping dead in his tracks at the last comment. Well shit!
Pika says 'Right, right... Education and alive... Got it...'
Pika looks a little dazed and confused.

Ror smirks, then leaves.