Log: 24122013 - DAQ, Ror and Aneh

OOC commentary: Three session roleplay between Aneh, Ror and DAQ. How DAQ awoke and joined the ranks of Tripower.


Daq walks randomly around in the destroyed part of the laboratory

Aneh walks into the laboratory with a clipboard under one arm. She approaches the huge mound of metal with a smile on her face as she steps around a you footprint.

Daq makes cogwheel noises as he walks around, the movements far superior to when he was first brought to life.

Aneh watches with a great deal of pride before searching out a functioning chair that she pulls up to the middle of the floor and sits in. She motions towards a piece of furniture brought in specially for the heavy unit, indicating you to sit with her.

Daq catches the presence of another being within its vicinity and follows the movements of it carefully. As it settles down, it moves part of its body and draws attention to an object that does not crumble when sat on.
Daq moves towards the furniture and sits down with remarkable control.

Aneh watches the progress you has made and gives a nod to a frightened young assistant hiding ust outside the doorway. The assistant comes in with a box of random items and puts it on the floor next to Aneh before scurrying out.
Aneh says 'I want to test a theory. A theory of your past... life.'

Daq remains unresponsive, his eyes steadily pulsing

Aneh smiles as if she had been answered. Call it encouragement if you will. She reaches into the box and pulls out a ball and holds it up. A simple red bouncy ball.
Aneh says 'This is a ball.. Ball.'

Daq remains unresponsive, his eyes steadily pulsing

Aneh tilts her head to you and considers for a moment. She bounces the ball and then holds it up again, repeating her word. Gotta try more than once afterall.
Aneh says 'Ball.'

Daq remains unresponsive, his eyes steadily pulsing

Aneh nods her head and bouncs the ball again. She pauses for a moment before reaching out with more than just her voice, searching for some connection to grasp onto to form a mental connection of some sort.

Daq doesn't seem particularly interested in the ball

Aneh places the ball back in her box places her elbows on her knees as she considers. She pulls a few more items out of the box, one by one, looking for some kind of reaction from the being. An apple, a dagger, a deck of cards, a cup, a pair of glasses.

Daq turns its head, watching the items being pulled from the box

Aneh puts all of the items back in the box with a frown and abandons her props for the moment. She takes her chair and positions it closer so that her knees all but touch your. She sighs and considers.
Aneh says 'There has to be some way. I'll resort to sign language if I have to!'

Daq suddenly moves its arm and reaches into the box, pulling the dagger out
Daq holds the item in its hand, obviously it's way too small for it to hold it correctly

Aneh watches you pull the dagger out brightens with interest. She chuckles at the image before her and clears her throat.
Aneh says 'Do you know what that is? Granted that looks more like a toothpick but... That's a Dagger... Dagger...'

Daq stares at the object in its hands
You say ' ...s....S...Sword...'
You say ' Sword!'
You say ' Sword!'
You say ' SWORD!'
You say ' SWORD!'
You say ' SWORD!'
You say ' SWORD!'
Daq crushes the object in its palm as the eyes shift from green to red

Aneh gets excited for a moment and nods her head to you. She quickly airs on the side of caution as his eyes change color and she abandons her seat, taking a step or two back.
Aneh says 'It's okay though... Calm down... '

Daq stands up from the furniture and makes a sound that's a mixture of screaming and roaring, dropping the crushed dagger and clutching its head.

Aneh backs up some more, worried not only for her safety, but for the stability of the created being before her. He was their responsiblity afterall. Guards posted outside come rushing in and Aneh cautions them back.

Daq falls down on its knees, still clutching its head as the colour from the eyeslits in the helmet dull.
Daq then very slowly falls forward and crashes onto the ground.

Aneh stares in horror. What did she do. She broke him! Keeping her composure, Aneh circles wide around you, reaching out with her senses to feel that the lifeforce within you still flows.

Daq still has lifeforce flowing but seems to have short circuited as there's no movement currently.

Aneh frowns deeply and takes a step closer. Well who do you call when your DAQ short circuits? An engineer? Aneh looks to one of the guards as she reaches a hand down to you.
Aneh says 'Go find me the nearest engineer. Preferably one that helped in the process. Quickly now.'

Ror nearly bumps into the exiting guard as he steps into the laboratory, a young recruit by the name of Robin following closely behind him with big eyes.
Ror asks, as he walks towards Aneh, 'You alright?'

Aneh looks up as Ror enters, a saddened look on her face. She stands up from you and nods her head.
Aneh says 'I am. I was trying some recognition techniques. Good news... He can speak. Bad news, I think I broke him...'

//// TO BE CONTINUED ////

Ror kneels down at the armour and places his hands on it to sense the life inside
He hrms, and says, "Weak but stable."

Aneh says 'Stable is debatable. Something went really wrong there... I... I'm not really sure what happened.'

Ror raises his eyebrows, "Neither do I. I was called in here because it spoke."

Aneh says 'Yeah it said Sword... I had some items, one of them was a dagger. I guess it recognized the type of object... Called it a sword and kind of went a little mental...'
Aneh frowns.
Aneh says 'So like I said. Good news, speech is possible... Bad news, I think it was too much to handle.'

Ror looks at the armour, then back at Aneh, placing his hand on her shoulder, "I'm just glad you are alright."

Aneh looks to Ror for a moment and allows herself a small smile. He was always worried about her. Would she ever give him cause to not worry? A flicker of doubt trailed through her before she shook it off and focused on the task at hand.
Aneh says 'Unfortunately, something we created and are responsible for doesn't seem to be. I'm having some trouble with communication, and I'm not sure... I'm willing to try that again like that.'
Aneh says 'Someone could get hurt.'

Ror nods at Aneh, as behind him the armour suddenly stirs

Aneh peeks around Ror to watch you curiously and with more than a little worry. A hand goes to Ror's sleeve instinctively.

Daq digs its fingers into the ground and moves the arm

Ror turns and places himself between Aneh and the armour as he notices the movement and the worried state of his fiancee

Aneh watches you from her safety zone behind the body of Ror. It does feel mighty safe there right now with that massive metal suit going all crazed... She straightens her back a bit, however just in case someone might be watching.
Aneh says 'So... my dearest... You said you're going to stay for this new chat session?'

Ror mutters an incantation and raises a protective barrier between him and Aneh, and the armour.

Daq moves its arm and grabs its head
You say ' Ah, me head....'

Aneh raises a brow sharply as speech comes from the unit in front of her. She exhales in a huge puff of what can closely be described as laughter.
Aneh says 'What the...'

/// TO BE CONTINUED ///

Aneh smiles all cheerful like all of the sudden and rocks back on her heels. She pats Ror on the shoulder and gives him a teasing wink.

Aneh says 'Not only didn't I break anything, but I was right about the ability to communicate! What do you think of that?'

Ror smiles, 'Good news indeed. Or at least another step forward.' He makes sure he stays between Aneh and the armour.

Daq shakes his head and pushes himself gradually up
You say ' Such a headache. Some lad fetch me a beer...'

Aneh strains to poke her head around Ror and watch you. She continues with the huge grin on her face, a twinkle of joy in her eye. Where was the sense of self preservation of a few moments ago? She was all curiosity now!
Aneh says 'Can you even drink beer? I'm not sure you can.... Can you?'

Ror smirks at what Aneh says.

You say ' Argh, who's that? A lass? A lass doubting my capability to drink beer? Is that a challenge?'
Daq slowly stands up, stretching himself
Daq looks down at Ror and Aneh, green light shining from the eyeslits in the helmet.

Aneh looks up to you as he stands, the grin never leaving her face. She wedges around to stand beside Ror.
Aneh says 'Oh no no. Well yes and no! I mean. Um. Well, do you know how you got here? Can we start there? I have SOOOOOO many questions. '

Ror bows politely, saying, 'I am Lord Surion of the Tripower Kingdom and this is my fiancee Aneh Rhedginsa.And your name would be?'

Daq studies the man and woman before him.
You say ' Oh, what pleasure to meet you. I am ...ehm... I am...well...that's funny... Wait, don't say... it's right on the tip of my tongue...'
Daq scratches his head, the metal fingers shoving over the helmet
You say ' Argh, what do ya know. I forgot! Well, as for how I got here... well...hm...'

Aneh remembers her manners on Ror's polite introductions and straightens her shoulders, pushing them back a bit. Her next statement is said in a teasing way that just destroys all her sense of station.
Aneh says 'Well, you didn't forget what beer is so at least you have something.'

You say ' YES! That be right, lass! Well said!'
Daq puts his fists in his side and looks around
You say ' So... where am I?'

Aneh looks to Ror, a bit hestiant and back to you again, waiting to see what Ror will say.

Ror shrugs at Aneh and nudges her to have the word

Aneh says 'Well that's the easy answer I suppose... You're in our laboratories.'

You say ' Lah-boh-rat-ories. Hrm. I always could appreciate a rat-on-a-stick.'
Daq nods at himself

Aneh snickers with you about your shared secret.
Aneh says 'No, you're in our labs. Our research and development places, where sciency people work.'
Aneh waggles her eyebrows seductively.

You say ' I see.... so no beer then? '
Daq observes his surroundings that seem very...sciency...and not very bar like

Aneh looks again to Ror and then back to you, and loses her smile a bit. She fills with sadness for you. Would he be able to drink again? She didn't see how! The poor thing!
Aneh says 'I'm... Not sure... well, maybe we should find a mirror...'

You say ' A mirror? What ya need a mirror for, lass?'

Ror coughs politely, then speaks, 'Sir, what is the last thing you remember?' 

Daq mulls
You say ' Well... I think... I think...'
You sit back and listen to the gears in your head turn.
You say ' ....I died?'

Aneh sighs.

Daq laughs nervously

You say ' Hahaha, that can't be right.... right?'
You say ' That's just silly.'
You say ' Unless this is the afterlife!'
Daq laughs

Aneh says 'Dying is such a final word... You.. returned to the lifestream...'

Daq stops laughing

Aneh says 'It's complicated to explain, you want a short version or you want a real explanation?'

You say ' Not enough beer and foxy lasses for this to be the afterlife. So start talking.'
Daq crosses his arms

Aneh looks once again to Ror to make sure he is on board with her speaking. She did tend to get a little ahead of herself at times. She raises a brow to her fiancee and tilts her head to the side.

Ror just nods

Aneh turns back to you and takes a deep breath before beginning. She clasps her hands tightly in front of her tightly as she speaks.
Aneh says 'Okay here goes...'

Daq listens.

Aneh seems at a loss for words for a moment and then nods to herself.
Aneh says 'Yeah. You died. This isn't the afterlife. It's just a different life... For you... You called to me, when I went searching for life, I found you and brought you here.... Where we brought you back. That's basically it, in a nutshell...'
Aneh says 'But you aren't the same.'
Aneh says 'It's important you know that....'

Daq remains silent, then looks down as he raises his palms to look at them.
You say ' Of course...'
You say ' You're not halflings are ye?'

Aneh shakes her head slowly at you as she lets it all sink in.
Aneh says 'No, I am human, friend...'

Ror adds to that, 'Elf.'

Daq sighs.
Daq sits down, cluthing the helmet with his hands
You say ' I really need a beer now....'

Aneh gets a deep sad look in her eyes and moves towards you to comfort him.

Ror eyes Aneh, then decides to tell the truth, 'We can fetch you a beer, but as you might realize, you're a living armour. I'm not sure whether you can drink it. I'm sorry.'

Daq just grunts, hiding his head in his hands

Aneh stops herself just short of touching the massive metal being. She grips her hands once again in front of her and speaks softly.
Aneh says 'Perhaps I did not think the whole process through... I am sorry for my selfishness on that...'

Daq grunts
You say ' Nah, lass. It's alright. I did... I did step forward, so to say, when you went looking.'

Aneh says 'You did... So strong... You must have had an amazing life, I would like to get to know you more... '

You say ' Well... there's little I remember. Save for one memory...'
You say ' Before I died, there was this group of people. They were fleeing through the mines of Moria, terrified buggers.'
You say ' I stumbled upon them as I returned from buying ore for me forge. And well... I pitied them and helped out.'
You say ' I'm not sure what happened next. The last I remember was that I stayed behind to buy them time.'
Daq stands up and raises his fists above his head
You say ' I raised me arms like this... wielding me warhammer'
You say ' And fought those purple bastards till I died.'

Aneh backs up a few steps on reflex. He is a huge suit of armor afterall. She nods encouragingly though, listening to his tale.
Aneh says 'Purple...'
Aneh looks over to Ror curiously.

You say ' And then... nothing.'
You say ' Until a voice called out. And I sensed something, I have no words for. It resonated within me... and I answered.'
You say ' Next thing I know I'm told there's no beer to be had...'

Aneh says 'Well, while I can't help you with the beer... And I am glad you felt my call, because it means we now get to know eachother... I think that it is quite possible we share a mutual enemy.'

Ror nods slowly, 'Purple suggests Vector, as well as the chasing down of terrified people. And terrified they must be if they prefer to travel through Moria rather than the roads.'

Aneh nods her head as she looks back to you. She gives a bit of a sigh.
Aneh says 'Maybe that is why you responded to my call. Maybe it was fate that I should bring you back so that you could come to fight with us against Vector.'

Daq lowered his arms in the mean time.
You say ' I only want one thing lass...'
You say ' Revenge'

Aneh nods her head in understanding. She looks to Ror and back to you and questions him.
Aneh says 'Do you think you have full control over your movements now? We... didn't move you before because you were... Uh... still learning... as you can see...'
Aneh motions to the state of the lab around them.

Daq follows the look around the lab
You say ' Yeah... I don't remember that.'
You say ' My apologies either way.'

Aneh smirks.
Aneh says 'Ror?'

Ror grins, 'Music to my ears. Welcome aboard. You said a forge, you happen to have been a smith?'

You say ' Aye. I do believe I was.'

Ror nods, 'If you still remember that might be useful.'

You say ' Gimme a hammer and we shall find out'

Aneh mutters under her breath.
Aneh says 'Just not a damned dagger.'

Ror looks at Aneh and says, 'I'll leave that up to you dear. I'm sure you can arrange him a forge and tools.'

Aneh says 'Why yes, yes I can. I can do anything afterall. But I think we should start by letting him stretch his legs. Um.. What should we call you?'
Aneh looks back to you curiously.

You say ' A name?'
You ponder the question.
You say ' What did you call me until now?'

Aneh looks back to Ror, lifting a brow with a shrug.

Ror says, 'DAQ. Defense Armour Quiritian. That means citizen.'

Daq thinks about that
You say ' That will do, until I remember my actual name again. If ever.'

Aneh says 'So, Daq... Would you like to see something outside this laboratory? I can give you a nice tour.'

You say ' Certainly.'

Ror says 'Well then, I shall return to work along with our eavesdropping curious companions.'
Ror points over his shoulder to the guards and Robin the recruit.