Seline's journal pg 3

Following Day...interviews.. After reviewing the daily reports from the day before..making sure the commander of the west and his fellows were in good hands..kept to busy to get any more silly ideas..I went to the interview.. and was told I would be sent for...really now...that clerk of his has some nerve...ahh well but he is only doing his job...least im close by.. Morning passed...had lunch...reviewed spell books..no notice from Artur.. Afternoon...left message with office squire I would be back in 2 hours and made rounds...returned..still no message from Artur...ahh well must have chosen someone else told squire I would be with Weaponsmaster, went down and vented a bit..broke 3 wooden swords, 1 shield and sent 4 to the infirmary...but felt better.. Returned to office...still no note..sigh.. Life goes on...guess it's back to normal for me..and hope the one that was chosen has Her blessing....hmm...haven't been there for a bit other than normal perhaps... went to the Soldiers Chapel, bit more private..less acolytes wandering about all the time...said a prayer asking for Her Blessings on the one chosen and decided to relax a bit. Dragondale, the Cornerstones,,my fellow officers...the dwarven miners..the rare visits by the elven ones...all these memories passed thru my mind. All this I would be giving up..and for what? To defend against some unnamed danger from a place even the Cornerstones don't know exist..? Yet, that is what I do..best...this office junk bores me..the last week of fighting made me feel alive again...ahh If only in Your Grace you might see it fit.. *a noise, behind and left* Standing and raising my sword as if for Her blessing I looked in the reflection from the blade..*just an acolyte* Muttering a quick "Thankyou" to Her, I turned and sheathed my sword. "Commander Seline, Artur will see you now"..He turned and led me to a Artur's main office and inside.