Seline's Journal pg 4

Artur dismissed the acolyte, then turned to me..."You sure you wish to do this...you know ..you may never be able to return? he asks Yes, Lord Artur.I answered.."Well, then....Of you.. I know your loyalty to Her and the City are Unquestioned...your skill..altho not the best in either Spell or Sword is more so than most when combined.. so your chances of success are good...are your affairs in order? I was floored..."Now, you want me to go now.? but what of..well.. "You seem to hesitate...are you not sure this is what you wish to do" Artur said.I answered "I am ready..but just surprised that you would decide so quick" . Artur answered "The decision was made much earlier..the waiting was formalities...and proving it to the Others." If you are ready? I nodded and then he took a box from his desk, marked with the seal of the church but slightly different, altho I could not really see how because of the way he held it. "Come then" and he led me to a small alcove with a simple alter. He placed the box on the floor and muttered a few strange words...Suddenly it opened and a bright light flared from it shimmering before us. With Mystra's grace...If you are truely ready..step into the light..and good luck" were his parting words...and so I did... I awoke naked, on the floor of a chapel, with a cleric standing before me. Looking around, I spied some meager clothes and a trainer sword..quickly I put them on I found a young dwarf who told me 'Welcome to Mudschool" Directory is just north..."MudSchool"...what was this all about?" I wondered. Off I went to find answers.. Very quickly I found that the portal must have done something else to me besides transport ..Critters I had dispatched without thinking were beating the living daylights out of me.. and all but the most minor of spells..had slipped my mind....I knew them...just the how of casting them..I just couldn't do...like that poor fellow in the arena.. I determined to relearn all I could as fast as I could... muttering a prayer to Mystra, I devoted my time to spell and sword...