Rythryn

Chimes ring in the distance, a gong goes off in a temple, monk chant can be heard in the courtyard. I stumbled upon this sanctuary not long ago. I sit in the trees and listen to the absolute beauty. This here is the most beautiful place I have been to since being brought here. Let me elaborate for you. The outlands, the spire, all dimensions converge on this spire. Here all magic is dead, *smirks* the one place I am safe from myself Walking along I happened to trip over a lose rock, which in turn twisted my ankle Just my luck, not a priest in sight... well there is nothing in site. I look for something to support my twisted anke, but find a stick long enough to use as a walking staff. I began walking on this twisted ankle, favoring the left side of my body. I walked for what seemed like days in a random direction. I found myself in a strange area. Everything here seemed to be made from glass shards, volcanic glass, even the trees. I looked back in the direction i came from, to see the same view. I had wondered if I was carrying any sort of key on myself, and walked into door of some sort, a portal. Probably. I walked for what seemed like days on end My ankle had healed itself, but my rations were running out, and I was becoming exhausted from the amount of arcane magic i was casting.. and from all the running I had been doing getting away from those spells gone awry. One of my "mishaps" had tracked me down, a mezoloth... I was too weak to fight back. I taxed the remainder of my reserve spells putting up my defences. There was nothing more I could do The Mezoloth began toying with me, like a cat would a mouse before pouncing. I do suppose this was its vengence for me summoning it to this desolate plane. It had kicked me sending me smashing through the volcanic glass trees, sending shards in all directions. Stalking after me like a terrible dream. My hands slide trying to push myself to my feet, but are only cut by the glass shards. I reach outward to grasp my staff for aid. Another foot sends me flying across the stone ground In a blink the demon was upon me... One hand on my throat crushing my wind pipe A terrible glee in its eyes sent shivers down my spine. It tossed me back along the ground. My staff laying at the tip of my bloody hand. If I was to die.. I was to die on my feet. I grasped for it as I could hear the clomping of the beasts steps The beast rising its spear above me.......... I awoke in a field. Luck had brought me to a druids grove... but how did I end up here? The staff in my hand seemed to glow softly, but I could feel the raw power The locals had forbid me to cast magic in their grove, and in doing so nursed me back to health. Once I was healthy enough, I began walking agian. I came across a sound I had not heard before... Human's.. singing. Though it was not the mind numbing tunes of a Bard.. but methodical music.. chanting. Chimes ringing in the distance. A gong goes off in the temple.. and chanting heard in the courtyard a tear roles down my cheek. Even the noise of Humans can be beautiful.