Blurring the Lines

A diary entry left open upon a small white table:

I had promised myself I would stay out of things, but I suppose the truth is I could not.  I cannot.  Were it but that simple, I should have followed  my own advice and remained apart, but, alas - I feel acutely  what she feels since I have returned to my elven form, and I could feel where she was heading once more.

One would assume vows and pregnancy would be enough to keep a woman still.  I never did anticipate what I was to be given when I linked myself to Sanria, and she is no ordinary fool.  I did what I had to do. I seduced Colin again and then lied about being with child. Only Gilean knows of this deception, and even  he seemed unsettled by the news.  He does not wish to bear such a secret.

After what I had done, I could tell  Gilean seemed morose.  He felt lying to hold Sanria to her obligations was too  much, but when reminded of  their family, he seemed  to protest much less.  I do not know when I will reveal my lie. Perhaps once things are finally established  with Gilean and Sanria.  I have only a few months before the ruse will visibly be up.  Colin will likely be close to killing me.

The  trouble for  this eve has been  feeling Sanria in proximity to Colin.  For all this, they  still managed to say goodbye to one another in their typical way.  I do feel a gnawing pain, splitting apart a  pair so right for one another.  But  if she will not settle herself and be responsible for the family she now bears, seeing the way  her daughter  has turned against  her and her son was so torn, then I will have to help her. I know she will feel love eventually.

I stand outside  myself watching  this situation unfurl.  I seduced Colin with no semblance of feeling for him.  It is a cruelty what I have done.  I am  fully aware.  I only hope that it is enough and I will not have to act the part any farther than what I have already. It is a place even I fear to tread, for it  would damage Colin to a point of disrepair.  Bah.  Even I could not be so callous.