Constricting Constriction

Sanria stared  at the spot on her desk - the same spot she'd been staring at for at least half an hour - the smoothed knot of wood that looked like a  gnome face.  It  stared right back  at her, as though it could see her thoughts and knew everything she'd been thinking and doing.  It made Sanria resentful to know that even a desk knew her thoughts.
"Sanria?" Enmach's  voice came from  the doorway, along with a soft knock that was her hallmark.
"Come in, Enmach," Sanria  said, pulling her  eyes from the gnome-knot to look at the silvery woman. 

Enmach closed the door and crossed the room, settling into the chair opposite Sanria.  "How are things?" Enmach asked.
"I - don't know what you mean," Sanria said, sitting up straighter, as if  doing so would make her at least look as though she were getting important  things accomplished. 
"Mmm. I mean with you and Gilean and Colin. Is that issue resolved?"

Sanria stared at Enmach, the lie sitting on her tongue, and reconsidered. Enmach would know.  If any were adept  at reading body language and cues, Enmach would lead them all.  "No, I'm afraid not."
"What has been happening?"
"I've  told Gilean how I  feel about  Colin and  somehow he still doesn't hear what that means.  I've told Colin to leave me alone and he still insists on pushing me and being with me in ways he shouldn't..."
"You're cheating on Gilean with your ex-husband?"

"I... yes, but I don't like how that sounds, I  don't exactly go with the intention of sleeping with him."
"But you do."

Sanria sat back in her chair, her face flushing crimson.  "Yes."
"And you don't use your magic to prevent him from-"

"Damn it, Enmach. I love the man and the last time I ever used magic like that  on him was when... he  followed me to Baldur's Gate... and the look on his face..."
"So you can't bring yourself to use magic to stop him, haven't you thought to call for Gilean?"
"And have him appear to see Colin and I?  No..."
"Then, what is it you want, Sanria?"

Sanria let out a long sigh and pitched forward, putting her elbows on her desk, her hands in  her hair, her shoulders slumping.  "I just want to do  the right thing.  The right thing is staying put, keeping this family to- gether."
"Mmm."
"Mmm, what, Enmach?  I hate it when you do that," Sanria pouted.
"It seems you're going to have to be clearer in your intentions, Sanria."
"But I don't want him with anyone else..."
"Then  it would appear you have a conflict of interest between doing what is right and doing what your heart wants."
"Yeah..."  Sanria's voice dropped to a whisper.  "What else is new?"