The Muse (Part 3)

It had been a few days and she had found work to survive as a healer. Skill with healing spells was apparently natural to her. The injured and sick had begun to come from all over the port and city of New Thalos to recieve her help. Her hands healed those who needed it as if imbued by the gods. Could this gift be why I was imprisoned? It couldn't be true, those who I helped expressed such gratitude that they could never hurt her. Perhaps though, there were those who wanted some of them dead, and she couldn't be allowed to stay around and heal them. 

One thing was certain, I couldn't stay here and get answers. Gathering my few belongings and pulling my cloak over my head and body, I walked down to the merchant caravans that were headed west. They would miss me, but I couldn't stay there. Bartering my passage one of the goblins allowed me to sit in the back of his cart. I could fly, or travel by magic, but to where, for what purpose? I didn't know and thus it was better to travel where no one could find me, so that I could see them coming before they saw me.

The dessert was cooler in the night, but the breeze was still warm.  The caravan moved along normal roads pulled by camels and other creatures suited for the dessert. After a few hours, a grand city could be seen, Makou Light and Airships shone brightly. An enormous tower could be seen in the center.

"Torregiano trades, hurry it up. You're done here too lady," the goblin pointed at me and I entered the city. It was incredible, a testiment to their power. The whole city was lit up bright as day. Tripower Banners hung on one a few buildings, but I wasn't looking for them. The old transit system lead to a few places, but I was looking for something familiar.  Westbridge, struck a cord more than the others and I bought a ticket.  In Westbridge, I walked a few blocks to the airship park, a local bar was full of life by this time of night so I entered it.