Log: 16092013 - Ror and Calliope

OOC commentary: This was the first roleplay between Ror and Calliope. Hiroaki dropped by as well. Later Calliope wrote some rolenotes about it. People who pay close attention might spot a few differences. Although nothing major.


Ror uncorks the bottle and fills himself a glass

Calliope walks up to the bar.
Calliope says 'Buy a lady a drink?'
Calliope winks suggestively at you.

You say ' Hehe, oh why not'
Ror shoves the glass to the lady

Calliope smirks.

Ror fills himself a new glass with the ale from the bottle

Calliope says 'To new beginings!'
Calliope raises her glass.

Ror raises his glass

You say ' Cheers'

Calliope says 'I know only that I am the Muse, perhaps I had another name at one time but it's lost to me for now.  I seem to remember places more than anything else.'

You say ' I see. Sounds like an interesting tale...'

Calliope says 'I wish I knew it.'

You say ' Well, if you fancy new beginnings, how about a new name?'

Calliope stares back at you through eyes that seem to know everything and yet nothing.
Calliope says 'I do, I've been thinking about it for a while.  There is a name of ancient Muses that intrigues me.'

You say ' Ah'

Calliope says 'Calliope was known as the Muse of adventure, I suppose that does feel right.'
Calliope says 'It does have a nice ring to it. To better know each other, I'm Calliope, and you are?'
Calliope stretches out her hand for you to grasp.

Ror shakes Calliope's hand firmly and says, 'Lord Surion, call me Ror. Leader of the Tripower Kingdom.'

Calliope says 'Oh, a Tripower Lord, a pleasure.'
Calliope says 'Suppose West Bridge has you to thank for ousting the Vectorians.'

You say ' Nope, we let others do that. On the bright side, this has not provoked mass war between the Kingdom and Vector again'

Calliope says 'So you're as intelligent and patient as you are strong and handsome.'

Ror laughs, 'Very flattering. I'm just happy things didn't escalate.'

You say ' Must have been years. Liberation was a bit more than half a year ago or so.'

Calliope gasps in astonishment.
Calliope says 'Years?'

You say ' Yes'

Calliope stares in disbelief.

You say ' When I returned after a long absence this city was called Kefkaburg.'

Calliope says 'Well, only a couple I'm sure.'

You say ' Purple bastards crawling all over the place, demoralized people, torture, etc.'

Calliope says 'I remember that somehow, not very well though.'

Hiroaki enters the bar.
Hiroaki says 'good day patrons'

You tip your hat to Hiroaki.

Calliope turns to the newcomer.

Hiroaki says 'hello ror how fares the battle'

Calliope says 'Good evening.'

You say ' Same as usual, Hiroaki, busy but good. '

Hiroaki says 'hey there stranger'
Hiroaki says 'busy is good'

You agree absolutely.

Calliope says 'My name is calliope, I see you're already a friend of my drinking buddy this evening.'
Calliope sips the ale from her glass.

Hiroaki says 'yes very dear friend indeed'

Calliope smiles happily.
Calliope says 'Then I'm happy to meet you too.'

Hiroaki says 'he helped with the construction of my phouse'
Hiroaki says 'i am hiroaki'

Calliope says 'It seems he has many talents.'

Hiroaki says 'and a fellow drunk'

Calliope grins evilly.

Ror whistles innocently

Hiroaki says 'indeed ror is an amazing person'

Calliope says 'I don't know about that, I'm certain he could hold his drink though.'
Calliope grins evilly at you.  Hmmm.  Better keep your distance.

You say ' Eeeeeh, yes?'

Calliope says 'Not to pester you Ror, but how many years? I feel like I've been gone quite a long time.'
Calliope gasps in astonishment.

You say ' Since when?'

Calliope says 'Since they attacked westbridge'
Calliope says 'Not to be naive, just curious...'

Ror guesses, 'Four years?'

Hiroaki says 'attacked westbridge...she must speak of the vector filth?'

Calliope says 'Four years?'

You nod at Hiroaki.

Calliope stands slowly then stumbles across the room from the bar to the couch.
Calliope says 'It can't be that long.'

Hiroaki says 'its been some moons since vector held a foothold in westbridge'
Hiroaki says 'but vector numbers have replenished at an alarming rate'

You say ' Originally the attack against Vector was planned swiftly.... but something happened. Not sure why it was held off. In the end I was told we could not intervene due to our treaties.'

Calliope says 'Forgive me, still trying to make sense of things we spoke of earlier.'
Calliope sits on a couch.

Ror turns to the bar, fills a glass of water, then walks to Calliope on the couch and gives it to her to drink

Hiroaki says 'i splended plan indeed'

Calliope says 'I don't mean to be rude, but it is merely the time that shocks me, not the vectorians.'
Calliope takes the glass quickly and drinks it almost choking.

You say ' Been away a while, eh? You wouldn't be the first'
You say ' Hey, hey, careful now...'
You say ' Don't want to choke yourself...'

Calliope hands you the glass back.

Ror takes the glass and eyes it, hrms, then walks back to the bar where he gives it to Phil for washing and cleaning

Calliope says 'No, I just... it doesn't matter, I'll find out what happened sooner or later.'
Calliope says 'I spend too much time thinking about lost time these days as it is.'
Calliope takes a few deep breaths, calms her nerves and takes a small mirror from her robes and checks her face quickly in it.

You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.

Hiroaki says 'the past has happened....need not dwell...its the future that is important'

You say ' I agree with Hiroaki, after prolonged absence, thinking of what is gone only makes you booze.'
You say ' Best to look to the future.'

Calliope says 'Indeed, the future.'

Hiroaki says 'and the future looks bright'

Calliope smiles happily.

You say ' Damn right'
You say ' No Vector in the future'
You grin evilly.
You say ' Not if I have a say in it, anyway'

Calliope says 'Well, I'll drink to that.'
Calliope stands up.

Hiroaki says 'vector may not be a threat currently,,,but they will return in numbers'

Calliope grabs her glass again, clanks it against roars and slowly drinks the entire glass.

You say ' And we'll make sure we're rea- '
You smile at her.

Calliope says 'What Ror? A lady can't drink you under the table?'
Calliope chuckles politely.
Calliope buys a bottle of ale.
Calliope gives you a bottle of ale.
Calliope buys a bottle of ale.
Calliope buys a bottle of ale.
Calliope gives a bottle of ale to Hiroaki.

You say ' Well, there was a dwarf once...'

Hiroaki says 'i think ror would rather the women atop the table'

Calliope falls down laughing.

Hiroaki says 'or perhaps i spoke for myself'

You say ' You're such a dirty hermit at times, Hiroaki'

Hiroaki says 'how is lady arien these days?'

You say ' Fine, busy with finding us a new clanhall location in Torregiano'

Hiroaki says 'i am too dirty to clean my act up, ror....too dirty indeed'
Hiroaki says 'moving up in the world'
Hiroaki says 'new clan hall...the tower is cramped now?'

You say ' Well, you know I've been reorganising the Tripower. This is just another step in that process'

Ror clings his mug of ale against Calliope's, then Hiroaki's and says, 'Cheers.'

Hiroaki drinks is bottle of mystery juice

Ror quaffs ale like a man who knows his way around bars

Hiroaki says 'i must take my leave'
Hiroaki says 'i have much training to conquer!'

Calliope drinks from her glass and pouts.
Calliope says 'But you just got here!'

Hiroaki says 'always on the move'

Calliope nods.
Calliope says 'It is getting late, we've been here half the night'

You shrug.

Hiroaki bows deeply.

You say ' I have leave today'
You say ' I intend to use it fully'

Calliope smiles happily.

Hiroaki says 'be well friends'

You nod at Hiroaki.
You say ' Same to you, Hiroaki'

Calliope says 'So should we switch to more interesting drinks?'
Calliope shrugs helplessly.

You say ' Fine by me'

Calliope grins evilly.
Calliope drinks firebreather from a bottle of firebreather.

Ror pops open the bottle and drinks
You drink firebreather from a bottle of firebreather.

Calliope says 'Certainly allows you to look toward the future.'

You say ' Oh yes'
You say ' But eventually it doesn't solve any problems, so I stopped hanging out in bars and started working for the Tripower.'

Calliope nods.

Calliope says 'Oh you weren't always a Tripower?'

You say ' Nope'

You say ' I'm a sage, and later turned to the Tripower because I figured the world deserved a better future, and the
only way to give it is by taking action.'

Calliope says 'Good looking, and noble. What about you is there to not like!'

You say ' I tend to be a workaholic'

Calliope smiles happily.
Calliope says 'All work and no play...'
Calliope says 'Maybe that's your one flaw'

You shrug.
You say ' Nothing that keeps me awake at night, for sure. What about yourself?'

Calliope says 'Everything keeps me up. Then again it's nothing.'
Calliope drinks firebreather from a bottle of firebreather.

You say ' Any flaws?'

Calliope smiles happily.
Calliope says 'None that you'll see tonight'
Calliope says 'It's an odd thing though, to be afraid of nothing?'
Calliope says 'The desire to be something now is overwealming.'
Calliope looks down at her drink.
Calliope says 'I might also be a little drunk.'

You say ' That sounds complex, can you elaborate?'

Calliope nods.
Calliope drinks firebreather from a bottle of firebreather.
Calliope says 'iI dooOonNn't KnaoW iiff yOooUhuhhuh cjaoUhlD UhuhhuhNDehrzzZzssZTaanD.'

You say ' Try me?'

Calliope sighs slightly and locks eyes with you, " I don't know if you could understand"
Calliope says "I suppose you might, but you are and will never be nothing."

You shrug.

Calliope says "Your nice military uniform and those that know you would never let it happen."
Calliope looks at you.

You say ' Well, I have no desire to be turned into nothing. But I figured you could talk about the experience, talking tends to be therapeutic. It might help with coming to terms with what happened.'

Calliope ponders the thought and says, "It would be nice to tell someone."
Calliope says 'YOoou MmMAhY neehd ahhhhnnnooOotHEr drinnnk foR ThhIisSss.'

Ror pats his firebreather
Ror takes a sip from it

Calliope smiles happily.

Ror sits on the bar and listens

Calliope looks down at her drink and wonders how to begin.
Calliope says "There isn't all that much to tell I suppose, but there are volumes to be told."

You nod.
You say ' One word at the time'

Calliope say "First thing I remember in the darkness was a feeling of movement."
Calliope says "When you can't move at all, when sight is reduced to nothing but pitch and no sounds can be heard... movement becomes an adrenaline rush. Even if I wasn't moving, my body was."
Calliope says "All I knew, for years I find out, was the faint outline of black magic ice that encased me"

Ror nods and listens patiently

Calliope says "The movement was added by so much more, starting as the slightest cracks in my prison, and then to see light again..."
Calliope says "It was like knowing love once again."
Calliope blushes.

You nod.

Calliope says "But the escape of such a place happened."
Calliope says "Even through a cursed place such as that, I got through it.  Something tells me that I've been hurt before, not imprisoned like this, but I know pain as an old enemy."
Calliope says "What scares me though is that I was empty in there, and now I'm filled with the thought of how it happened and what I'd do to those responsible."
Calliope says "Perhaps it's a good thing I can't remember?"

You say ' So you don't know how you got in the magical black ice in the first place?'

Calliope says 'i mmmmmaay hAhVe, i dOoonn't AnnymmmmooOoreh.'
Calliope says "I may have, I don't anymore"
Calliope says "Any thoughts down there were maddening, any imagined glimpse of something horribly scarring, I think I just tuned everything out."

You hmm quietly.

You say ' Well, my approach would be like this: if you can't remember it, why worry?'
You say ' But that might be simplifying things'

Calliope says "Because if I had done that to someone, it would have to be because I thought death too good for them. And if that's the case and they're still out there, I need to find them before they find me."

You say ' But you don't know where to start if you don't remember anything right?'

Calliope says "It's true."
Calliope says "I'll find some way though. I think I have to"

You say ' Waiting, is possibly the best option you have. Either your memory returns as time passes, or the person that disliked you finds you. At which point you don't have to look for them.'
You ponder the question.
You say ' What do you do for a living?'

Calliope say "No, you don't quite get it... " and she almost screams this part "I"M NOT GOING BACK THERE."
Calliope grabs the bottle off the bar and levitates it into the air, it smashes mid air but the shards hang and them implode upon themselves, the bottle no more.

Ror says, unfazed, 'I never claimed I did get it.'

Calliope breathes deeply and says "Sorry, it's not your fault."

You say ' Well, at least now I know it was traumatizing...'
You chuckle politely.

Calliope calmly orders a coffee with a little bit of alcohol in it.

You say ' But in all seriousness, what do you do for a living?'

Calliope smiles happily.
Calliope says "Such an officer, knows exactly what he wants."
Calliope says "I've been making do as a healer, I'm quite skilled apparently."

You say ' Interesting.'
You say ' How about this? You could come work for me at the Tripower? I offer three meals a day, a roof over your head, a bed and protection within the walls of Tripower. Jobs give structure and some 'normality' that I think will help you sort things out.'
You say ' Interested?'

Calliope say "It's certainly intriguing, perhaps I need to sober up first though."

You grin evilly.
You say ' Fair enough. I'm sure you know where to find us, Torregiano still exists'

Calliope smiles happily.

Ror places his empty bottle of firebreather on the bar, then jumps off.

Calliope says 'It's late, I should be going, might not be many rooms left at the inns here.'

You nod.
You say ' Back to work for me. Take care!'
You wave.

Calliope waves goodbye to you.  Have a good journey.