Seline's journal pg 14

Two days later, I met this Samoth. A dedicated Cyricist if I ever were to describe dedication to - insanity. He foamed at the mouth and tried to intimidate me by threats of torture - acted the complete raving maniac...I left rather than hear any more of his ravings. Annother couple of days past and I finally was able to speak with Queen Simbul. I explained the problem with the key and dilemma about destroying it in the first place. She gave me an example of one of the Seven that did destroy a Gift from Mystra. Weak example considering that the one destroying the item..was one of the Seven. However, it gave credence to my belief that if it has to be returned to the weave....One of the Seven are the best choice for doing so We stopped at the High Way Inn for a bite to eat, and to watch one of her companions in a match in the nearby arena - one Darrigaaz sadly he was outmatched, but it was a good competetion. After the fight ..who should show up but Samoth himself: then the real battle began but one of wits and words rather than spell and sword. He opened by calling me a coward for leaving..I parried with telling him that I don't have time for raving lunatics but if he could stay civil we might have a talk... Then he tried a feint with threats of danger to me, I evaded them them with some information on the protections on the key namely that if injured I cannot get to it. It is protected from me being forced to get it. Seeing a percieved opportunity, he lunged with threats against my family and loved ones of harm in order to force me to reveal or give up the key. I shattered his attack with the blyth reply that as I am an orphan, I have no true family and the only one I LOVE is Mystra. Scrambling to recover he tried to redirect the attack with warnings of Possible damage to those I know and to the people of this realm. I reposted with informing him that In the event the key were used there would be DEFINATE damage to all. With a final flurry he then tried to overpower me with threats that with me gone..no one could get the key, I sidesteeped and blocked with the information that with me gone no one would know who HAD the key, and the knowledge of where the key is and who has it is what would only be lost. Even this event I had planned for. Seeing he had met his match he finally acquiesced to a draw. And revealed his true intent..to also ensure that the key was not used, but was destroyed. Altho it is His intent...it is not necessarily the intent of the unnamed one he works for. At least he never said one way or the other. I grabbed at the opportunity - and got him to pledge to guard me...to ensure the safety of the key. Who would have believed..an alliance between one of Cyric and one of Mystra? Uneasy as it may be, and I feel that at the first opportunity he will try to wriggle out of it, yet we have one. Altho, as soon as the key is taken care of I fully expect him to try to kill me... More to come -- with the Grace of Mystra.