Between Brothers [Part 2]

"Icehawk..." "What do you want, Fire?" Ice didn't turn. "I want to know where the hell you've been. People are worried." "Yeah?" Icehawk sneered, "Like who? I can't think of a single person that would." "Like me, ya damn ingrate," Firehawk frowned, "The people of Nytek are looking for you. Eleni isn't looking to happy as of late either." "Psshhh," Icehawk scoffed, "Like she cares!" Firehawk stepped forward, grabbing Icehawk by the front of his shirt and hauling him off the gunning chair. He glared down at Icehawk, snarling. "That woman cares for you! You know it! I know it! Everyone that sees you together knows!" Icehawk returned the glare. "Do they? Do you? I sure as hell don't..." His expression dropped from angry to profound sadness. The voice that spoke wasn't Ice's normal strong voice, but a horribly soft, down-trodden one. "She betrayed me, big brother..." Firehawk blinked, not understanding. "She slept with another man..." Firehawk blinked again. He was lost for words, not expecting this at all. "Sh-... She what?" "You heard me..." Icehawk's voice was still soft. Firehawk released him and looked at him, shocked. "How could she do that to you?" Firehawk was dumbfounded. "Why dont you ask her, I sure as hell dont know. I lo-... I loved her, Fire..." Icehawk collapsed into the gunnery seat and broke into tears. Tundra took the moment to step forward and rub against Ice's legs, trying to comfort his master. He looked at Firehawk, directing a message at him. /He's been like this for a week. I don't know what to do.../ Firehawk nodded at Tundra and looked at his brother. So much they had endured in their lives, yet something like this could never be softened. "Do you need me to do anything for you, little brother?" Icehawk took awhile to respond, "Just let whoever cares know Im alright. I should be back in port in another day or so." "Take all the time you need, Ice." Firehawk turned to leave. "Fire?" He stopped and looked over his shoulder. "Thanks for coming for me." "I'm your brother, it's what I'm here for..."