Loba Loca

"That's all I can tell you, I swear it."  She was held in midair, her back arched as the magic coursed through her, forcing her to stretch, forcing  her spine to rub against itself, bones  grinding.  "I gave it to  them willingly." "I don't believe you," he said, forcing her to arch more.
"An arcanist never gives up their work.  Never."
"Please..."

Kaliadra felt herself dropped to the ground where she hit and knocked the air from her lungs.  She rolled over, her arms trembling, and coughed until the iron taste of blood filled her mouth. "So you gave one to my cousin and there was another... where is it?"
"I don't know."

The electric fire went into  Kaliadra's chest and slammed her  body against a tree.  The  explosion of stars in her eyesight filled  her vision before they faded.  "You know something and you're going to tell me, elf.  What you are doing is wrong, keeping me from going home, keeping me from taking my bride."
"I've told  you all I know... I  left once we brought her back... I willingly walked away... to do that kind of research was dangerous and caused me to take... a life."
"You  traversed  the planes with a  trinket of tremendous power, you LEARNED how to do it.  Tell me how."
"No..."

The  breath felt as though  it was squeezed out of her as Kaliadra flew through the air to be face to face with Velentham.  "I.  Will.  Kill.  You." he snarled. "Then you will kill her."

His eyes flared  silver, he  scowled, then Kaliadra could feel the tendrils snaking through her mind. She was utterly  helpless, her magic no match for the skill of the one reading  her  mind freely.  The  tendrils were  heavy, as though uncaring  for what memories  they might ransack in the search  of information.  Part of her  hoped Velentham might take her  life.  The other part could feel the desperation that filled Velentham's body.  She saw his mouth twitch  as he looked  at her once  more.  "I'll find this necklace and when I do... I'm going to use it."
"What about her... what does she want?"
"She doesn't  know what she  wants, I do.  I know what is right. I guide her now. For that, she'll live eternally."
"In misery," Kaliadra  said, and  for her  insolence, she found  herself  flung through the forest.  This time, the tree she hit audibly cracked  her back.  The sensation in her legs was gone as suddenly as a lightning strike. Then, darkness overcame her.